Anyone else having trouble spending that $25 dollars?

HeyCori

Mod Emeritus
Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
I've never been a huge app person, in fact I recently uninstalled every game I had installed because they weren't getting played. But like many people I got the $25 dollar app gift card for buying a Titan.

I wanted to use it to purchase Navigon but the card can't be used for split payments and there's no way to add money to the card. I still got Navigon only using my regular card.

What I really want is to add a new level of productivity, the problem is there's nothing I legitimately need.

So here I am going over pages of apps in hopes that something catches my eye but there's nothing. Try as I might I can't find anything interesting enough to spend money on.

I do have a handful of apps that I use on a regular basis, but all except for two of those were free. All of Mango's integrated services take up the bulk of my smartphone use.

I think what's going to happen to the gift card is that I'm going to give it to my girl once I finally get around to giving her my Samsung Focus.

Duvi

Jan 1, 2011
Visit site
I've never been a huge app person, in fact I recently uninstalled every game I had installed because they weren't getting played. But like many people I got the $25 dollar app gift card for buying a Titan.

I wanted to use it to purchase Navigon but the card can't be used for split payments and there's no way to add money to the card. I still got Navigon only using my regular card.

What I really want is to add a new level of productivity, the problem is there's nothing I legitimately need.

So here I am going over pages of apps in hopes that something catches my eye but there's nothing. Try as I might I can't find anything interesting enough to spend money on.

I do have a handful of apps that I use on a regular basis, but all except for two of those were free. All of Mango's integrated services take up the bulk of my smartphone use.

I think what's going to happen to the gift card is that I'm going to give it to my girl once I finally get around to giving her my Samsung Focus.
If I wasn't using Nokia Drive, I may have tried to purchase that app. I really don't know what I'll use it for. Maybe sell both for $20.

svtfmook

Dec 9, 2011
Visit site
i've had about $13 left on mine for a week and a half. been waiting for an app that i will want to purchase, but haven't found one yet.

Bballbenb

Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
Everyone just be patient! New apps will continue to come out as the phone grows. There is tons of good games that you can spend it on. Most of the productivity apple and google apps are free on there OS's anyway so we will eventually get them. No reason to spend all 25 that quickly, untill it expires of course :)

gtg465x

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
I bought Let's Golf 2. Excellent game. If you absolutely will not play games on your phone the giftcard may be hard to spend.

News/RSS reader apps seem to be quite popular and those usually aren't free. Fuse is the coolest one I tried. NextGen and Weave are nice as well, but they just aren't as fun as Fuse.

btbam91

Sep 26, 2011
Visit site
Those are the only 2 I've bought so far. Kind of stumped now. :/
I got my card today! I ended up buying ARMED! and can't get myself to dish out $5 for PvZ. I'm waiting for it to hit deal of the week!

I don't know what to spend my money on now!

Sent from my Windows Phone using Board Express

blehblehbleh

Dec 14, 2011
Visit site

So would you say your inability to find an app is because Windows Phone, natively, has eliminated much of your need; that there just isn't a really awesome app that leverages mobile, cloud, and desktop experiences; or both?

For me, I kind of know how you feel. I scan the damned Marketplace every now and then in search of an undiscovered yet highly polished app that provides some a redundant or new service in an elegant manner. Most of the time I don't come up with much. So for my own question to you, it's a bit of both.

Reflexx

Dec 30, 2010
Visit site
I spent it all in one sitting. And now I feel like I need to spend another $25.

I haven't even tried out Armed! yet. But I know I'm likely going to love it and want to buy it.

It helps when you have a toddler that likes playing with the phone. The games I bought were all his favorites. Thank goodness PvZ was on that list. That game is great.

@duvi,

Don't sell your cards for lower than face value. They are basically prepaid Visa credit cards. If all else fails you could use them to buy gas.

NewWindowsPhoner

Nov 3, 2011
Visit site

Well, I can't even get Marketplace to accept it. Keeps telling me it can't process the card. Haven't used it yet and still shows the $25.00 balance when I log in to the Citi website. What a rip-off.

L

lumic

You had the Focus previously, so I presume you have already spent money on the essentials. Apart from games, I don't see why you would be using $25 in a consistent basis after the initial essential purchases.

HeyCori

Mod Emeritus
Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
So would you say your inability to find an app is because Windows Phone, natively, has eliminated much of your need; that there just isn't a really awesome app that leverages mobile, cloud, and desktop experiences; or both?

For me, I kind of know how you feel. I scan the damned Marketplace every now and then in search of an undiscovered yet highly polished app that provides some a redundant or new service in an elegant manner. Most of the time I don't come up with much. So for my own question to you, it's a bit of both.

I would say that's pretty accurate. There's already so much I can do with a combination of built-in integration and free apps. The paid apps I've found so far don't really add to the level of functionality I'm looking for. But hey, there's 50,000 apps to browse through so it's only a matter of time.

yingxuy

Jan 11, 2012
Visit site
News / RSS reader application seems to be quite popular, and those are usually not free. Fuse is the coolest one I tried. NextGen and weaving as well as very good, but they just do not like fuses fun.

steveymacjr

Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
Don't think you can't get an app that is over $25 with your prepaid card... you can!

As I've posted in other threads, just bill your app purchase to your AT&T Bill, then use the $25 card to make a payment on your AT&T bill.

The PrePaid card functions just like a credit card.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
graceevans