Problems with foursquare app

miele12

Jan 7, 2012
Visit site
Problems with foursquare app - I don't appear on 'here now'

Hi, I have been using the official foursquare app on my nokia lumia 800 for nearly 2 weeks now and was quite enjoying it!

But for the past 4 days when I check in via the app, it does not show me as 'here now' at the venue. When I check my history the venue appears in my list.

I have ticked the option 'include me in the public list of people who are currently checked in at a venue' and am always in the right location when i do check in! (not off the grid).

I have also noticed that when I check in now, the total number of people and the total check in's doesn't increase to include my check in.

What's going on?

Anyone else experiencing this?

Last edited:

DarthVeda

Oct 21, 2011
Visit site
haven't experienced this particular problem but was experiencing you have been here before (off grid problem) and was losing points :)
Switched to 4th & Mayor and have been loving that app more than the official one

miele12

Jan 7, 2012
Visit site
Thanks! Just installed 4th & mayor, so much better! Quicker, more accurate and a lot more fun than the foursquare app. Also shows me as 'checked-in' and total check ins increasing.
Perfect! :D

tbonenga

Aug 14, 2011
Visit site
Foursqure app

My foursquare app has been acting up to.

: when i check in it want tell me how many days I'm away from becoming mayor
: if the place has no mayor and i check in multible days in a row i can't become mayor
: live tile quite working

So basicly i can get points but not become mayor of a venue. i do have 4th installed and i can become mayor of a venue checking in with it. I know most people like 4th better but i prefer the official app myself.
So i ask is the official foursquare app working for other people?

THANKS

tbonenga

Aug 14, 2011
Visit site
I'm forced to use 4th now because the official foursquare app is broke. I personally hate 4th. Just my preference.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb