Is there an app for this? (auto-web login)

boss.king

Sep 14, 2011
Visit site
Firstly, I apologize for all the threads I've been making lately.

Now, to use wifi at my university, I have to connect to a wifi network, then login through a web browser. As you can imagine this can get a little annoying, so I was wondering if there is an app that can automatically log me in to this when I connect to the wifi network?

If not I'll pin the login page to my start screen, but I thought I'd see if anyone knows of such an app first.

enenies

Jan 18, 2012
Visit site
Try LastPass

Give LastPass a try. This wp7 app lets you auto-login to websites, which would also be applicable here.

So (1) Connect to the university Wifi network, (2) Open the LastPass app and click on your university account (that you have prev. stored within this app) which will open a webbrowser and auto-login. (3) Do your regular things.

TheWeeBear

Jan 9, 2011
Visit site
welcome.gif

Here's a link for LastPass

http://www.windowsphone.com/en-US/apps/9b86eadc-16e8-df11-9264-00237de2db9e

Thanks enenies, and welcome along to WPCentral. :)

Gorki247

Sep 6, 2011
Visit site
I'm also looking for an app like this and it looks like LastPass would do the trick. Unfortunately, it requires a yearly subscription which is a bit much as I would only use it for this one purpose.

Is there any other apps that would do the same, but only require a one-off payment?

boss.king

Sep 14, 2011
Visit site
I'm also looking for an app like this and it looks like LastPass would do the trick. Unfortunately, it requires a yearly subscription which is a bit much as I would only use it for this one purpose.

Is there any other apps that would do the same, but only require a one-off payment?
That's what I was thinking too. I'm fine with paying once off but I'm not keen on a yearly subscription. If I find another app like this I'll be sure to update this thread.

On a sidenote, does anyone know what this type of login is called? I'm fairly sure it has a special name, but I can't for the life of me work out what it is.

EDIT: I am grateful for the suggestions though, they've at least pointed me in the right direction :)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
quicktravo