Is anyone else not getting App Updates?

MadSci2

Sep 14, 2011
Visit site
I haven't had a single notice of an App update in several weeks. At first I attributed it to the Holiday slowdown from Developers. Then I thought it might be that they had all downed tool to develop $500 Aps like the one downloaded on Crackbery.com at CES, but today I have verified that many of my Apps are out of date and have been for some time, predating CES.

All the other functionality of the Marketplace is present, and I can update the Apps manually but without a notification that an update exists I'm going to be pretty far behind the curve shortly.

I have done nothing to my phone or account that I am aware of. So I'm wondering if it's just a glitch in MSoft's servers and if so is it affecting others?

Thanks for your input

TheWeeBear

Jan 9, 2011
Visit site
I've had this happen to me a few times MadSci2, no idea why it happens though.

Sometimes plugging into Zune makes updates appear, pulling the battery sometimes works too.

It seems to be OK for me at the moment though, I had 3 updates indicated as normal this morning.

Sometimes they all arrive at once, I had a 16 updates indication at one stage. :)

pikacz

Nov 8, 2010
Visit site
i wrote about this a couple of days ago :) i receive notifications about once a month and in bulk. a month ago i got 9, and recently 12

fable#WP

Jun 5, 2011
Visit site
This has been seriously bugging me for a few months now. Ever since I updated to Mango, my beautiful Omnia 7 has not been feeling very well, and she refuses to show me my app updates.

I read about and tried all sorts of tricks to force her into submission, but she will not yield. For example, I've cleared her IE cache and restarted after that, but to no avail. I haven't had a single normal app update ever since the day I put Mango on my Omnia - I can only force-update a single app by opening its details in the marketplace, then backing out and opening the details again, but this is extremely painful for both of us.

What do you think I should do about this? I really love my phone and I would hate to have to file for a divorce.

Sorry for the sloppy metaphors. This has really been driving me crazy.

TheWeeBear

Jan 9, 2011
Visit site
welcome.gif

No idea what to suggest fable, I haven't had an update notification for a few days now.

I knew an app had an update so went to the marketplace to redownload it, and sure enough was informed that there was an update.

Never known anyone to have no update notifications as long as you though. :(

Anyway welcome along to WPCentral fable. :)

Now you've made your first post, everything will start working. :)

MadSci2

Sep 14, 2011
Visit site
The saga continues. After almost 2 months without and Update Notices today I received 55 Updates all at once! This took the better part of 90 minutes over WiFi. While I'm glad to finally receive them, thus in not the usual experience of getting several notifications every few days that had ben the norm previously. It looks like others are beginning to see this phenom as well. I wonder why MSofts servers are suddenly overwhelmed? Are Lumia sales going so well? :-D

Sent from my HTC Titan PI39100 using Board Express

MadSci2

Sep 14, 2011
Visit site
OK, I've had three more sets of updates pushed to me in 2 Days. Things are back to normal again, which highlights how abnormal they were for over a month. I hope MS figures out how to even things up a bit going forward. With any luck this was caused by huge sales of new handsets :)

Sent from my HTC Titan PI39100 using Board Express

fable#WP

Jun 5, 2011
Visit site
I exchanged some tweets with @WinPhoneSupport and their only piece of advice was that I hard reset the phone. I think I'll wait for a few more OS updates though - I'm not yet desperate enough to do a hard reset, but it might be the only solution for some people.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
killshot4077