Update for an uninstalled app?

mobster011

Dec 12, 2011
Visit site
The marketplace tells me I have an update available but it's for an app I no longer have. The app is Camera Modes. I don't even remember installing this app. It doesn't even come up with a search in the marketplace.

Why does this update show for an app I no longer have? How can I remove it? It won't let me cancel it

Thanks for any help!

SolunaKitty

Nov 18, 2011
Visit site
I think that Camera Modes is basically the camera (at least for HTC). You wont see it in your apps list or the Marketplace; only if you check your account from the Marketplace.

mobster011

Dec 12, 2011
Visit site
Oh I forgot to add that the reason im trying to cancel it is because it tells me it can't update because it was originally downloaded with another windows live ID.

I changed the email address tied to my phone and have had this problem with other apps before, but they have been resolved by uninstalling and reinstalling the app. Since I can't uninstall and reinstall Camera Modes, I'm stuck

Any other solutions? Lol

freestaterocker

Nov 19, 2011
Visit site
What might I potentially lose besides my apps if I do a hard reset? Would I lose my Office notes?

Your notes automatically sync to SkyDrive, so they are recoverable. But you will lose your text messages and any game saves, as well as photos and whatnot you haven't synced to your PC or uploaded to SkyDrive.

mobster011

Dec 12, 2011
Visit site
The only game I would be concerned with losing info on is angry birds. So I would lose the progress I've made? This is also the only game I've paid for. I would be able to download it again free of charge right? Im also not worried about my text messages

Honestly, I don't remember how I changed the email linked to my phone. I might have done a hard reset. This was back in December. But I dont think I did a hard reset because I wouldn't be receiving the errors that the downloaded apps/games are no longer in my download history and that they were downloaded with another Live ID

SolunaKitty

Nov 18, 2011
Visit site
The only game I would be concerned with losing info on is angry birds. So I would lose the progress I've made? This is also the only game I've paid for. I would be able to download it again free of charge right? Im also not worried about my text messages

Honestly, I don't remember how I changed the email linked to my phone. I might have done a hard reset. This was back in December. But I dont think I did a hard reset because I wouldn't be receiving the errors that the downloaded apps/games are no longer in my download history and that they were downloaded with another Live ID

Correct; any progress made on a game would be lost, but you wont have to pay for an app twice (unless you use a different Live ID).

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BevitalGlucoPremium