hello, new convert here

fleeper99

Apr 10, 2012
Visit site
I have had an iPhone since 2007. I purchased a Lumia 900 yesterday. I really like the look and feel of the OS.

Yes, I know there are not as many apps, but I am kind of boring anyway and only use a handful day in and day out.

I use evernote, instacast, audible, words with friends, twitter, and FB everyday. I guess I will have to find a workaround for audible until the app is released (soon I hope).

I saw that I could subscribe to podcasts in the zune app; how does this work for most people? Good enough? Or will I need a 3rd party app like instacast?

Thanks.
fleeper

Last edited by a moderator:

fleeper99

Apr 10, 2012
Visit site
I totally posted this in wrong forum. sorry. Too many tabs open in chrome. Can a mod move it to the correct forum? Thanks and sorry.

mtmjr90

Oct 11, 2010
Visit site
Podcasts are a nightmare on WP in my opinion... I've tried via Zune, but updates are slow and no streaming over 3G (dunno about LTE).

Right now I use SlapDash but it doesn't actually let you know when there's a new podcast, nor does it autodownload. I have an RSS live tile pinned with all my podcast feeds so I can see when when there are updates, then I go into SlapDash and download them.

What's more, playback is buggy on SlapDash, sometimes not remembering where I left off and the app sometimes crashes. Also, skipping forward/backward does not work from the media controls outside the app. I tried PODCASTS! a while back and didn't like it (can't remember why) but I might try it again.

So, there you go...still waiting on a half decent podcast experience:(

Sent from my HTC Radar using Board Express

erine100

Mar 26, 2012
Visit site
good luck

ubizmo

Nov 15, 2011
Visit site
Has anybody tried BringCast? It gets fairly good reviews. There are always some reviews from people who can't get things to work, but it's hard to know whether that's the fault of the app. I'm also looking for a better podcast experience in WP.

Beacio_mo

Mar 27, 2012
Visit site
Has anybody tried BringCast? It gets fairly good reviews. There are always some reviews from people who can't get things to work, but it's hard to know whether that's the fault of the app. I'm also looking for a better podcast experience in WP.

BringCast is ok unless you want to fast forward or rewind, it only moves in 10 second increments. Otherwise, downloading and updating seems pretty good

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss