Purachsed Apps, Requiring repurchase for new phone

cdbstl76

Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
I updated to a Nokia 900 from a focus. I am using the same Live ID. From what I read, when I go to download an already purchased app from the marketplace to my new phone, "it" should know it was already purchased and not charge me. I can't confirm charges at this time, but there is no indication upon installation onto my new phone that it's not charging me. It goes through like it would if I were purchasing the app for the first time. Any advice, tips, etc... would be greatly apprecaited. I don't want to be billed for something I already bought.

cdbstl76

Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
I updated to a Nokia 900 from a focus. I am using the same Live ID. From what I read, when I go to download an already purchased app from the marketplace to my new phone, "it" should know it was already purchased and not charge me. I can't confirm charges at this time, but there is no indication upon installation onto my new phone that it's not charging me. It goes through like it would if I were purchasing the app for the first time. Any advice, tips, etc... would be greatly apprecaited. I don't want to be billed for something I already bought.
I was using the reinstaller app

thed

Jan 6, 2011
Visit site
You have to hit the buy button at first, then when you get to the Confirm Installation screen it will tell you that you've already purchased the app and give you the option to reinstall it.

dinod

Aug 31, 2011
Visit site
Is this true if I have more than one WP on the same LiveID.

Do I only pay for apps once and get use them across all of my Windows Phones?

thed

Jan 6, 2011
Visit site
Is this true if I have more than one WP on the same LiveID.

Do I only pay for apps once and get use them across all of my Windows Phones?
I think so, but you can check it yourself. The first time you tap the buy button will always take you to a confirmation screen. If the button on the confirmation screen says reinstall then you don't have to pay. If it says buy then you do.

Reactions: dinod

dinod

Aug 31, 2011
Visit site
I think so, but you can check it yourself. The first time you tap the buy button will always take you to a confirmation screen. If the button on the confirmation screen says reinstall then you don't have to pay. If it says buy then you do.

I just tried it and you are EXACTLY CORRECT.

THANK YOU.

I was previously too afraid - then again another $0.99 to Jay Bennett, or $1.49 to Andreas Pistillidis (MetroTalk) or a few bucks to Liqiud Daffodil [eventhough they are all free today] wouldn't be the end of the world.

freestaterocker

Nov 19, 2011
Visit site
One issue: music does have to be paid for again. I found this out cuz I had to hard reset and redownloaded music I hadn't yet synced to my PC and was billed for it again.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rhiannonbarion