Where's Audible.com App?

kenzibit

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
Although we heard good stuff about the Audible app from Paul Thurrot, I personally think the app has a lot of issues and bugs that needs to be fix. The only reason it's not out since we heard rumores of it coming in March.

kenzibit

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
I'm on the phone with Audible CS right now. The guy is insisting that the WP7 app was released a month ago, and he has no idea why it isn't showing up in the marketplace on my phone (or on their own website).

Edit: He finally realized that it hasn't been released yet, and said it would be released in 1-3 months.

1-3 months, Gosh that's a long freaking time :(

Brunothesheep

Oct 8, 2011
Visit site
Since he originally insisted that it was released a month ago, I would take his estimation of a 1 - 3 month release with a grain of salt.
Either way, I'm excited that we will get Audible on WP. I'm getting ready to rip out carpet to replace with laminate, redo kitchen and bathrooms and tile those. Listening to a good book while doing that will be great!

Sent from my Nokia Lumia 900 using Board Express

Ulairi

Apr 7, 2012
Visit site
If the app isn't released by the end of the month, I'm going to sell my Lumia 900 and buy the HTC One X. Really sad.

bpgui

Oct 29, 2011
Visit site
Here is the email I received in response to my phone call:

Dear Brian,

Thank you for contacting Audible Customer Support! I hope you are having a great day!

Based on your email, I understand you would like to the release date for the Windows Phone operating system . I am more than happy to assist. At the current time, we do not have an application for the Windows Phone operating system. However, our Technical Team is assiduously working on the application and it should be release within the month of June.

Please let us know if you have further questions, comments, suggestions or concerns.

Happy Listening!

Sincerely,
Ruth D

Audible Customer Support
So June is now the target for release.

I assume in June the emails will be saying "... should be released in the month of July."

eastbayrae

Jun 12, 2011
Visit site
I'm on the phone with Audible CS right now. The guy is insisting that the WP7 app was released a month ago, and he has no idea why it isn't showing up in the marketplace on my phone (or on their own website).

Edit: He finally realized that it hasn't been released yet, and said it would be released in 1-3 months.

1-3 months?!!!

eastbayrae

Jun 12, 2011
Visit site
Although we heard good stuff about the Audible app from Paul Thurrot, I personally think the app has a lot of issues and bugs that needs to be fix. The only reason it's not out since we heard rumores of it coming in March.

It has a lot of issues on Amazon's own hardware. I am not surprised by this at all.

fleeper99

Apr 10, 2012
Visit site
Hey guys I have had the audible beta for a few weeks now. It runs really great I think the reason they have been holding off the release is because as of now they have still not implemented naration speeds and ability to download and listen to those daily downloads like the wsj and nyt. I am sure they really are just waiting to release until they have a complete product. I personally have been using as much lately because i normally listen to books at 2x and lacking this option I find is important to me. If any of you would like beta you will need dev unlocked phone to install beta as they give you a xap file to install for it. If you are not unlocked and you have any access to someone with a .edu email you can get yours unlocked for free very easily. I got mine unlocked by using my old college email that for some reason years later is still active

I have the free MSDN account (student). How do I get the audible app?

ben55124

Nov 30, 2011
Visit site
As long as they are working assiduously. Sometimes WP apps don't get the assiduous development team. I work for the devious development team at my company and we get a lot of complaints.

Luminatic

May 5, 2012
Visit site
I Am waiting for that app too ... it's really the only thing I'm missing from my HTC Wildfire. Am not missing the sudden reboots of my phone while listening to audiobooks. :mad:

Oh man, if the present releaese date is June, then I'll probably have to wait forever. Oh man I'm so inpatient!!!! :mad:

jvaudio27

Dec 4, 2011
Visit site
It is rather infuriating how long we've been waiting for this app. Given the support and desire from the app from folks on the Windows Phone Team (some of which have since left - what is going on with all that...?), I would have thought that it would have been one of the apps that Microsoft picked out of the marketplace to quickly bring to the platform. Audible as a service is universally lauded - because it is awesome - and it is a huge hole in the lineup. Honestly, it is the only app that I miss from any of the other platforms. OK...Simple Physics too... :)

rybob1

Jul 6, 2011
Visit site
Audible Beta stale!

I'd been participating in the Audible beta (I think I still am), but I'm growing concerned over the lack of updates to their app. We were getting frequent builds of the app, which we could install and leave feedback on, however there hasn't been any new builds submitted to us in almost a month, and the Audible employees seem to be AWOL from our discussions on issues/feedback. I hate to assume the worst, but I have to wonder if they have found some sort of significant issue with the app, or they have opted to shelve it for a later date, for something more pressing.

hardcoreplur

Jul 3, 2009
Visit site
I'd been participating in the Audible beta (I think I still am), but I'm growing concerned over the lack of updates to their app. We were getting frequent builds of the app, which we could install and leave feedback on, however there hasn't been any new builds submitted to us in almost a month, and the Audible employees seem to be AWOL from our discussions on issues/feedback. I hate to assume the worst, but I have to wonder if they have found some sort of significant issue with the app, or they have opted to shelve it for a later date, for something more pressing.
Audible --- We're still waiting!!!

GSOgymrat

May 15, 2012
Visit site
Since Windows Phone doesn't have an Audible app is there any way to listen to Audible audio books on my phone? Do I need to buy an iPod or is there a cheaper work around? I was using my Android phone but it broke, which is how I ended up with Windows Phone.

dtboos

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
^ just download your audible books to a folder, and sync that to your phone through zune. Simply play them in the music player.

ben55124

Nov 30, 2011
Visit site
hmm....works fine with Overdrive downloads. What file type does Audible use?
If you search for "audible mp3 converter", you will find tools that strip drm. Otherwise, Audible will burn to audio cd and then you can rip to mp3. Probably less hassle to find a supported mp3 player (IPod, Zune, etc) and use that until the WP app comes out. That's what I'm doing. I wish WP team would have worked with Audible like the Zune device team and added native support in the WP Zune app. I would settle for Zune device functionality.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss