Which of these News Apps do you use?

Squatting Hen

Apr 15, 2012
Visit site
I just wanted to see what news apps you all like the best. I have been trying to narrow these down to two or so, but I have having a difficult time selecting which two. I wish I could take bits and pieces from each one. I am currently leaning towards keeping USA Today and The Daily Beast.

I currently have:

USA Today
Pulse
Weave
WSJ Live
The Daily Beast
Time Mobile

I also have WP7 News, Engadget, and WP Central, but I want to keep those as separate apps.

Any input, thoughs what and whys are welcome.

A Social Reject

Mar 3, 2012
Visit site
I'm waiting for an official BBC News app but currently I just use their metro styled mobile site. I'm not sure of the layout (or content) of the international one is (its certainly unbiased) but the UK is typically the best source for news.

steve_w_7

Sep 28, 2011
Visit site
The best way that I have found to get news on WP is to follow several news sources that you're interested in on Twitter. You'll get headlines fed to you all day long via "What's new" in the People Hub.

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
I don't use any of those. I get my news by subscribing to feeds from Google Reader, and I have the Reader2Go app on my L900.

Squatting Hen

Apr 15, 2012
Visit site
The best way that I have found to get news on WP is to follow several news sources that you're interested in on Twitter. You'll get headlines fed to you all day long via "What's new" in the People Hub.
Thanks for the idea, but I don't use twitter or facebook. I have read a few twitter posts from news stories or online before and sometimes they are difficult to understand what they are saying. :)

Squatting Hen

Apr 15, 2012
Visit site
i use all but weave and pulse....don't like aggregators.

Yeah, I dont think I like aggeragators either. It's nice to see different stories from numerous sources, but I don't like that the entire article/story does not load. I have to click on the "read more" or similar button to get the rest of the article.

selfcreation

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site
don't read the news, but I know who won Dancing with the Stars!

lol :giggle:

I actually dont follow the news any more unless its related to the mobile world or the end of the world.. lol

I use to use the NOW app from Samsung to read up on the WARs/Civil wars around the world.

Big Supes

Sep 1, 2011
Visit site
BBC News, WP Central, Engadget, and Weave, although Weave is usually left in the dark (not pinned) due to the absent live tile...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shelton786