Need more business apps -- not more games!

KathDu

Jun 10, 2012
Visit site
I switched from using Verizon since 1990 to AT&T just to get a Nokia Lumia 900. I got totally impatient waiting for Verizon to get a decent Windows Phone. Now that I have it, I mostly love it, except there's a couple of bugs and I NEED MORE BUSINESS APPS!

For example, I have hundreds of WordPerfect documents I've developed over the years that are now stored in DropBox -- but I can't open them because WordPerfect won't develop an app for Windows Phone! (Don't tell me to convert them individually to Word. I shouldn't have to do that...)

And where is the Adobe Flash Player for WP7? This is a huge gap.

I also spent tons of money buying ebooks from eReader when I had various Palm smart phones. I can download several different apps that will open epub or pdb files, but none of them will open files that have been "locked" by eReader, which can only be opened by inserting your credit card number! I PAID for these ebooks! It's infuriating. I'm not buying a Nook just to read these books, which means I have to read them on my PC. Even Amazon bothered to develop a Kindle app for WP7 phones. eReader really could do the same, don't you think?!?!

Also, why doesn't Microsoft Office for Windows Phone have a way to access your Office Notes? I know I'm not the only person complaining about this. I have about 200 Notes. The advice I've seen is, "Oh, just hand copy them into OneNote." Really?!?! Why should I have to do that? Windows Phone needs a Note tile within its Office Suite.

Ok. I think that's it for now.

Seasword

Oct 17, 2011
Visit site
I agree. We need more productivity apps. How often when I was idle in the travel and want to do something productive with my phone I cannot do that.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb