do not disturb?

fleeper99

Apr 10, 2012
Visit site
Is there a feature in WP7 similar to the "Do Not Disturb" like Apple is introducing in iOS 6? I know (some) android phones you can lay face down and it will automatically do that.

I really like the idea of that for night time or nap time.

mhans311

Dec 23, 2011
Visit site
I don't think it turns off all your radios. What I don't understand is how it is different than silent mode. With the android phones you can put them face down and it just switches to silent mode. Not all that special. I think do not disturb is how Apple is "inventing" silent mode. Lol.

Corepc

Mar 11, 2012
Visit site
Silent Mode <- Works great when I want to nap or

Could you not turn on Call Forwading and forward the call to an answer machine when you need to sleep and let the answer machine get it.

Has for push notifcation and the like, Without turn off Cell or Wifi, you could turn them off in Background Applications that should turn off push notifaction for most programs after all and period checking etc.

My thoughts on it..

Squatting Hen

Apr 15, 2012
Visit site
I am sure this will get moved to the "Other OS" thread.

I don't understand why many of the comments here are so against whatever another OS is doing, even if it is something that is interesting. Some of the things that are out there for other OS's would be pretty cool on my WP. You guys don't have to bash everything that is not WP.

mhans311

Dec 23, 2011
Visit site

I don't understand why many of the comments here are so against whatever another OS is doing, even if it is something that is interesting. Some of the things that are out there for other OS's would be pretty cool on my WP. You guys don't have to bash everything that is not WP.

I don't even use WP right now. I'm just saying this is nothing new. There are 3rd party apps on android that have been doing this for a while.

You're right though, it would be cool to see functionality like this come to WP.

bear_lx

Jun 28, 2011
Visit site
there is an app for htc phones called attentive phone that does the exact same thing... not sure if it is exclusive or not. but it also has a pocket mode that recognizes its in your pocket and rings louder. it can also be turned over during a call to silence a ring, or just lay over for silent mode

cgk

Nov 25, 2011
Visit site
How is this different than airplane mode or battery saver?

That you can set it to say "allow those important people on my whitelist to ring or call between 10pm-6am".

So if work phones, they get the answer machine but if you mum rings at 3am because your father has had a heart attack, then it rings..

At least that is what I understand it to be.

**** we don't even have office hours for emails yet! :dry

Dave Blake

Mod and Ambassador Team Emeritus
Jan 11, 2008
Visit site

Threads are moved to where they belong based on topic content of the OP. The staff here has many threads to review each day all decisions made are final. However your insight could help with future decisions. If you have opinions to share fill free to PM me to discuss.

fleeper99

Apr 10, 2012
Visit site
That you can set it to say "allow those important people on my whitelist to ring or call between 10pm-6am".

that is exactly what I am talking about. Important calls could still get through. Much better than just putting phone on silent.

CDG

Jan 10, 2008
Visit site
I wish this was available on WP7. The one I used on Android had a white list for calls and texts, very helpful.

This is probably the only thing I miss from my Android days and I am jealous that iOS gets it.

Sent from my Lumia 900 using Board Express

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos