What apps do you think are still needed for Wp?

M L

Dec 19, 2012
Visit site
Anyone can create an app/game, clearly Microsoft doesn't make all (or any of, ?) the apps for wp. There are many copycat type apps for popular titles but for the premium ones they have to be created or adapted to Wp by the original maker, ie instagram, citibank, spotify, etc. Right? And some like Instagram have said that they have no plans to program for WP, at least until the market increases.
So I guess my question is, instead of asking what apps people still want, how can we actively campaign certain companies to program their apps for Windows Phone 8?

cheejiayuan

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
is there a chance of sending automated sms based on gps;i.e. lets say i went home, can the app post a messaging on my behalf to my parents 'I'm home!' or something like that? sry if this is a lousy idea

gerzhwin

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
Adobe?€™s Crwative Suite related Touch Apps
Adobe?€™s PDF Reader
Tapatalk

I am waiting for my 8X at the moment, so more soon ?€?

gerzhwin

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
I've contacted Adobe Inc. via Feature Request form and Adobe Community regarding Adobe Reader for high-resolution WP8 devices. Next step would be requesting all their Touch Apps for WP ... Lets be strong, patient and relentless!
Sent from my Windows Phone 8X by HTC using Board Express

Sanket Komarpant

Apr 11, 2013
Visit site
Hi, i searched on this forum and even apps store, i couldn't find application to Hide SMS or any similar software. I don't want to encrypt but the incoming SMS should be hidden or moved to custom folder. Is there any such application available for WP8, Phone: Lumia 620?
- Hide SMS or SMS Vault or Private SMS or Filter SMS
Please reply dear members

ChMar

Mar 15, 2013
Visit site
Hi, i searched on this forum and even apps store, i couldn't find application to Hide SMS or any similar software. I don't want to encrypt but the incoming SMS should be hidden or moved to custom folder. Is there any such application available for WP8, Phone: Lumia 620?
- Hide SMS or SMS Vault or Private SMS or Filter SMS
Please reply dear members

Windows phone does not allow 3rd party app to inspect(read or copy) incoming SMS. So there is no app that does what you say

nessinhaw

Mar 16, 2013
Visit site
So I guess my question is, instead of asking what apps people still want, how can we actively campaign certain companies to program their apps for Windows Phone 8?

i believe thru email/twitter! everyone should email the devs of top apps that are still missing or fill their twitter with requests for the app...if enough pplz join this "campaign" it will end up attracting devs attention!

for example, Nokia has #2instawithlove, to try and attract Instagram to WP...i believe everyone who wants an official app should massively adopt this campaign and just show Insta that yes - WP has lots of users for them and lots more would join our OS, since many pplz want to give it a shot but are held back because of Insta...

so i believe this is the way to go but it has to be massive so devs can see we are small but still big! (made any sense? XD)

SheliaE

Dec 29, 2013
Visit site
Weight Watchers bar code scanner. That app is available on Android & IoS. It is a wonderful tool for some one following the WW plan. It scans the bar code and provides the point value for a serving size of that food item. It helps so much, I have considered changing back to an Android phone so that I could have the app on my phone again. PLEASE make it available! I am willing to pay for it :)

Jack Janik

Aug 4, 2013
Visit site
Not sure if anyone has mentioned it, but I would love an Amazon Instant Video app.
I actually sent them a well thought out two page email about why they should take a chance on WP and make instant video and mp3 player available. I ggotthe standard PR response, but at least I tried. Amazon survives on loyal customers, if we request it enough I think its a possibility.

Rickosw

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
Hi guys,

For SiriusXM, is it possible for a third party app develop to do something similar to Beem PLUS / BEEM for SKY.FM ???

or has it gotta be directly from the official source ?

JaiMento

Nov 16, 2013
Visit site
I actually sent them a well thought out two page email about why they should take a chance on WP and make instant video and mp3 player available. I ggotthe standard PR response, but at least I tried. Amazon survives on loyal customers, if we request it enough I think its a possibility.

Yeah, I'm hoping they release one. Currently, it's only available on iOS. I'm assuming it's not on Android to entice Android tablet purchases to get a Kindle Fire, otherwise, I don't see much other reasons for them to not release an app on the Google Play store.

Edit: Also, an NFL Sunday Ticket app and an WatchESPN app would be greatly appreciated.

swannee

Dec 29, 2013
Visit site
New convert from Android, but two apps I really miss are:
Daily Roads Voyager - the best dash cam app
Pocket GPS - great speed cam app
I still keep my old Nexus just to use these apps in the car.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss