Twitter app that remember timeline position?

dj9928

Apr 28, 2011
Visit site
I've tried Rowi but that seems to be permanently stuck on a position 18 hours ago, I open it up it jumps back 18 hours, I read through all the tweets, open again and it does the same thing?

Mehdoh I have tweet marker enabled but any time I open it up it just jumps to the start of the time line.

Carbon did it all but thats sadly gone,

lucas.scott

Mar 11, 2012
Visit site
I have been using Twabbit. Has a UI that isnt just the standard black and white pivot, remembers timeline, tweet longer, has nice wide photos in timeline. Pretty much anything i could ask for.

dj9928

Apr 28, 2011
Visit site
Installed Gleek last night, woke up this morning and checked twitter, straight away it landed at the top of the time line :(

All I want from a twitter app is

Push notifications
Saves the position in timeline
Inline images
and in an ideal world loads all unread tweets
They also all seem slow as **** on my HTC Radar

All basic things that clients on Android and iOS do by default. I first came to Windows Phone 7 when it launched, twitter clients where crap back then, I got fed up and left for android, I've just come back and things haven't really moved along any.

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
Installed Gleek last night, woke up this morning and checked twitter, straight away it landed at the top of the time line :(

All I want from a twitter app is

Push notifications
Saves the position in timeline
Inline images
and in an ideal world loads all unread tweets
They also all seem slow as **** on my HTC Radar

All basic things that clients on Android and iOS do by default. I first came to Windows Phone 7 when it launched, twitter clients where crap back then, I got fed up and left for android, I've just come back and things haven't really moved along any.

You need to adjust the settings. In settings>preferences>"select where to move in your timeline after your timeline is refreshed", the options are: stay where I am at; go to the latest new tweet or go to the oldest new tweet.

You can also adjust how many new tweets are displayed when refreshed.

dj9928

Apr 28, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for that Laura, works a treat now all be it a bit stuttery when it loads the tweets but certainly the best client so far.

fwaits

Mar 9, 2008
Visit site
Thanks for that Laura, works a treat now all be it a bit stuttery when it loads the tweets but certainly the best client so far.

For the record, gleek is cool, but has some extra stuff that some may not want, Cowlick is made by the same dev just in a more streamlined package with the standard twitter stuff (timeline, mentions, retweets). Give it a look too and compare which you prefer.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BevitalGlucoPremium