5 apps you would really like to see on WP8.

q8buckeye

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
They had issues with their first batch. They recalled those. They have new ones out that are supposedly very good (according to numerous reviews i've read).

clindhartsen

Feb 28, 2011
Visit site
Even after using Android for six months, I don't have that much of a need for apps. Still, I would love to see...
  • An official Tumblr client.
  • Instagram

spaulagain

Apr 27, 2012
Visit site
NOOK

Seriously, it's on Windows 8, where is the Windows Phone 8 version? How does microsoft invest 300 million odd dollars in Nook and not have a Nook app on the phone? Would be awesome for nights on the subway when I'm not carrying my nook but want to read.

Also, yeah, Spotify, Paypal, Instagram, would all be nice. Scramble with friends would be great but by the time we get it no one will be playing so meh...

I disagree with the facebook comment, I think the app is fine, as are the me/people tiles.

There already is a PayPal app. And a lot of the apps people are asking for were on WP7, so they should be on WP8 soon.

spaulagain

Apr 27, 2012
Visit site

david90531

Aug 29, 2011
Visit site
Apps:
Tango (was on WP7)
Textplus (same)
Skype FULL
Banking apps
Pocket
Songza

Games:
Temple Run
SongPop
Scramble
Bejewelled 3
Fruit Ninja UPDATED (multiplayer?)

Laurence Hansen

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
I don't want much.

How about a decent password manager/account info app with a fully functional PC counterpart for faster keyboard entry?

Letterpress and other multi-person games my wife has on her iPhone so we can play together.

Pandora (I know it's supposed to be in 2013 but does anyone know when, exactly?)

Coming from BlackBerry, this whole smartphone app thing is pretty new to me. In general, though, I'd like to see better UI than I've seen in a lot of WP apps.

Spoonieluv

Mar 4, 2011
Visit site
1. Concur expense app or something that interfaces well with it for receipts
2. Location based happy-hour app like the go-time app. Really useful when traveling or deciding where to go with friends.

I'll use my 3,4,5 to vote for these again. Not sure why everyone wants another Facebook app....the os integration and the standard app are fine.

Apoc

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
Would like to see these apps on WP7 & WP8. The links are for those that want to contact them and request them to build apps for the platform(s)
*Smoothie King Smoothie King
*Capital One Banking http://webinfo@capitalone.com
*Tumblr http://press@tumblr.com
*Lowe's My Online Experience FAQs (should explain to them, how Home Depot has a great app and the broken mobile app that is provided is just very inefficient to use
*Best Buy (current app is atrocious and the mobile site is not much better, should be kicked out of the marketplace)

doomtuba

Sep 13, 2012
Visit site
Instagram and Pinterest for the benefit of the platform, Mint.com, and...ummm...Spotify and Pandora even though apparently those are in the works.

Tucker Jones

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
Air music
Instagram
Chrome
Splashtop
Upgrades to Kik. Like wp8 support and brought up to speed with IOS and android feature wise.
Sent from my HTC6990LVW using Board Express

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos