Wallet apps

isi mcf

Feb 19, 2012
Visit site
was looking intot this myself. I have only gotten Paypal to truley work. Im not looking to add debit/credit cards. but more like bestbuy rewards, autozone,starbucks. But what im getting is the cards you want to add have to have an app from the company. Does anyone else have an idea?

rdubmu

May 25, 2011
Visit site
Is there a way to pay for something at say a pay pass reader?
Sent from my RM-820_nam_att_100 using Board Express

jhoff80

Apr 27, 2003
Visit site
Is there a way to pay for something at say a pay pass reader?
Sent from my RM-820_nam_att_100 using Board Express

No, because that requires a secure SIM, from the carriers, and they just don't have the architecture in place for that. whenever the carriers support that, it should work in our current WP8 devices as is though.

SoloXCRacer

Apr 5, 2012
Visit site
Yeah, I use FidMe also and it's pretty awesome. Use it to store all my loyalty cards and the barcode scanners have no problem reading my phone. It also integrates into Wallet, but I find it more convenient for me just to pin my most frequent cards to my home screen (from the FidMe app). Just tap on it and the bar code comes up. Quick and easy.

CJ Thunder

Feb 16, 2011
Visit site
No, because that requires a secure SIM, from the carriers, and they just don't have the architecture in place for that. whenever the carriers support that, it should work in our current WP8 devices as is though.

What? I feel like some information got crossed. Just like with any of my cc or debit cards I still put in a zip or pin. Why would software gimp just the transfer of a card number through NFC? You mentioned a secure sim, are carriers nixing this?

NFC payments will die soon if phones don't have it. Phones can have another pin too.

No wonder I couldn't add it to my gf's 920. Wallet is useless (for us) then.

jhoff80

Apr 27, 2003
Visit site
What? I feel like some information got crossed. Just like with any of my cc or debit cards I still put in a zip or pin. Why would software gimp just the transfer of a card number through NFC? You mentioned a secure sim, are carriers nixing this?

This post is from a while ago, but since someone bumped it for another reason... basically a NFC payment system requires a secure element for credit card cryptographic information to be stored on. On Android phones with Google Wallet, that secure element is inside of the phone. Microsoft instead decided to have the secure element on the SIM card, probably because they don't have the clout of Google here, and the carriers prefer secure SIM because then they're a part of the payment process. In some ways though, the secure SIM makes more sense, because then switching your Wallet transactions from one device to another is just as easy as switching your SIM card.

That being said, no carriers to my knowledge have gotten anything off the ground in this area yet. Secure SIMs exist, but there isn't anything to use it for. Microsoft promised that they would have something in place in the US in 2013, but there hasn't been any further news on this yet.

And yes, I agree that Wallet is near useless even still.

Gorki247

Sep 6, 2011
Visit site
I had completely forgotten about this post; It's quite a coincidence it got bumped as in the past week or so, I've actually got some apps that integrate with the wallet.

The first is the GAME Reward app which was updated very recently and now has wallet integration. There is also an app called Pass Wallet; which let's you add vouchers designed for Apple's Passbook to your wallet. Not sure how much use this will get as I don't think that Apple's Passbook has caught on that much either (at least not in the UK), but I'm keeping it just in case

In addition to these apps, I also noticed that T-Mobile UK was added as a payment option to my wallet.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos