XBox Music needs it's own app and it needs it NOW

Scott Brooks

Nov 10, 2012
Visit site
XBox Music needs it's own app and it needs it right now. If I'm paying $10 a month for a premium service I shouldn't have to click Music + Videos then Store THEN Music to get to catalog of music I can stream. :angry:

zedmartinez

Dec 14, 2011
Visit site
It is its own app, you'll notice it's the only one that works from there, while all the others have to use the hub launcher. it's just prioritized for local and bought music, because to many users that will make the most sense. I'm with Winning Guy, what you really want is the store link to properly deep link to just the music view of the store. I'm with you there. But, the rest of Xbox Music works perfectly, including all of my bought music showing up and ready to stream at a tap. Is just the poorly linked store causing extra taps.

Scott Brooks

Nov 10, 2012
Visit site
In the time since I made this thread I've found some new ways to play with XBox Music. It involves taking the time to make my playlists within the Music app within Windows 8 on my PC. I'm coming from Spotify where I already have a lot of playlists made so I'm trying to recreate them with XBox Music on my WP8. So now when I click Music + Video, then I go to Music and then swipe to the right to get to my playlists. Not as bad as getting into the Store so I'm a little happier now. I would like to link to Playlists on my Start screen though.

Verkunder

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
Alternatively you can just tap the Store tile and then Music. I only use the Music+Video tile for history/stuff stored on the device.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lolz1234