new to windows phone with app questions.

Covfam

Oct 23, 2012
Visit site
My wife and i are comming to WP8 im currently the guinea pig on my lovely nokia lumia 822

there are some app questions and hopefully we can get recomendations for us to try.

coming from android/ios we have found a specific subset of apps that we like and not all of them are on wp8 and we would like to hear your recomendations for wp8 clones of these apps

we use you tube and with my testing of apps so far i like metro tube for the you tube clone,

would you have any suggestion for good clones for facebook,pintrest,goodreads,loseit,myfitnesspal,on track
also is there a good password keeping app? most i found on android lost passwords frequently.

we love the nokia apps so far imho they sure feel alot better and more polished than the microsoft written apps like the xboxlive app.

also is there an app that can lock our screen orientation that im not seeing. so that we can read our kindle reader app in bed at night?

Thanks for all yer help!

Etyrnus

Dec 29, 2011
Visit site
myFitnessPal is available, actually thanks for mentioning that, need to redownload it myself. Facebook, the official app does everything I need, I don't bother with groups.

shinygerbil

Aug 21, 2012
Visit site
The Kindle app is unfortunately very poor and contains no support for locking orientation. There is no way to 'globally' lock the orientation either, but really it should be down to the developer to add the functionality in my opinion.

As to the others - I don't really use any of them except Facebook, and I find the People hub to be enough for most of my needs; the official Facebook app covers the rest.

I'm interested by your statement regarding the Nokia apps performing better than so-called "Microsoft-written" apps. I find the baked-in apps (people hub, xbox hub, etc) to be far superior to any third-party app. I wonder if you are simply coming in assuming that anything written by MS must be poor? (I will concede that the Music app is terrible, though; it seems to have some severe issues.)

Covfam

Oct 23, 2012
Visit site
Well my limited period this week so far on my Lumia 822 is the Xbox live app has frozen and runs slows than the Nokia music. I find that i like the feel and responsiveness of the Nokia maps better than Bing maps I like metro tube better than the you tube app wich has crashed twice on me. But I've only been hereless than a week so I'm open to suggestions

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
infohills