Will Snapchat come out on Windows Phone 8?

odoggyfresh

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
I just sent one too. It can't be a terribly tough app to develop.

I've blasted out an email to them too, and signed the petition.

the response in my email above seems to me like a change of pace from the typical "we are looking to improve our current apps" or whatever. it 1) acknowledged that they've been hearing from a lot (and probably mostly us :angel:) Windows Phone users. and 2) that they are "considering" it

I wouldn't "consider" dating an ugly girl, but would give consideration to a hottie. hopefully they think along the same lines as my analogy!

Daniel Ratcliffe

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site
the response in my email above seems to me like a change of pace from the typical "we are looking to improve our current apps" or whatever. it 1) acknowledged that they've been hearing from a lot (and probably mostly us :angel:) Windows Phone users. and 2) that they are "considering" it

I wouldn't "consider" dating an ugly girl, but would give consideration to a hottie. hopefully they think along the same lines as my analogy!

And the fact she sent a response within TEN MINUTES of me sending it speaks wonders. They are definitely looking into it.

giorgio h

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
This is what they said!!!!!!! YEAHH
''You're definitely not the only one that has requested that Snapchat be made compatible for the Windows Phone, and we are currently taking it into consideration.

Thanks for taking the time to contact us!
Best,
Team Snapchat''

tebugg

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
i signed the snapchat petition and also emailed them. i also told them in the email if they needed funds they should start a kickstarter program. i'm sure the community would be willing to help back them in bringing the app to windows phone like they did VLC. also this would help them get publicity because i'm sure the blogs would pick it up.

MDak280

Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
Nooooo! D:

"MAR 14, 2013 | 03:52PM PDT
Daisy replied:
Hey _____,

At this time, Snapchat is not compatible with your device. However, we are always working on ways to improve Snapchat and plan on making it available to more devices in the near future. We appreciate all your support.

Thank you!
Team Snapchat"

Terrible news... I emailed them today and received a very quick response. The reply was very unwelcome, but at least it doesn't completely rule out the possibility. I just wonder what they mean by "compatible." I replied to this email asking about that but no reply.

raul_junior

Jan 24, 2013
Visit site
guys they already said on twitter like in early febuary that they were "gonna talk with the windows guys" about it and im pretty sure thats the app that joe belfiore has been talking about that will be released this week!

MDak280

Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
I hope you're right, but from a recent email I got from them they told me the app "is not compatible" and this was probably after the meeting.

But maybe "not compatible" just means the app is currently being developed? Because the email also said they are constantly working on ways to get their app out onto other platforms.

raul_junior

Jan 24, 2013
Visit site
I hope you're right, but from a recent email I got from them they told me the app "is not compatible" and this was probably after the meeting.

But maybe "not compatible" just means the app is currently being developed? Because the email also said they are constantly working on ways to get their app out onto other platforms.

No its just like an answering mmachine on the phone, I also got an email like that

mjparc

Feb 27, 2013
Visit site
still no news from them ?
here is their answer of my email on 27/02 :

Hey Alexandre,

At this time, Snapchat is not compatible with your windows device. However, we are always working on ways to improve Snapchat and plan on making it available to more devices in the near future! We appreciate all your support.

Thank you!
Team Snapchat

shannmarie3407

Mar 30, 2013
Visit site
I would love if windows would allow more apps like Snapchat. We are so limited and it is frustrating to not be able to have what Android users have. PLEEEEEAASE get the apps :)

jhguth

Sep 26, 2012
Visit site
I personally would really like to have a cross-platform app to share private photos and chat that doesn't send them to the camera roll and doesn't use SMS, I don't care if its snapchat or something else.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rogertewarte