Will Snapchat come out on Windows Phone 8?

isi44

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Snapchat is one of the most popular apps out there right now, sitting on third in the App Store's top Free apps. I was just getting used to the app on my Droid (Snapchat was released last month on Droids), and I got an HTC 8X which meant I could no longer have Snapchat. Being a college student (perhaps Snapchat's target market), I have a lot of friends who have the application. When I show off the phone, a lot of people love it, but all indicate that they dislike it's low selection of apps. When they ask me what apps it doesn't have, I tell them it does not have Instagram, but when I say it doesn't have Snapchat I get more of a shock (oh really?!?!) kind of reply, often followed by statements implying that they wouldn't like to switch phones if it meant leaving Snapchat.

I was just making a point on how Snapchat is such an up and coming app, one that will probably sit on the App Store as #1 in the near future. Like I said, I loved the app and I miss not having it anymore. It would be great if Snapchat came to WP8, and since they are becoming so popular, I at least hope that they are looking into the expansion of other OS's out there (cough, Windows Phone 8, cough). Anyways, my friends even joke and say that my badass 8X front-facing camera is worthless given that it can't be used for Snapchat.

Any others WP8 users that would also like Snapchat?

iPwnza

Banned
Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
I don't know what that is, but that's probably because I am 100% MS/WP. I don't have an android or iOS device, so it's quite shocking to turn on an iPhone and see what's popular there.

isi44

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I actually did email them before even making this thread haha. I agree that the more aware they are of our desire of the app, the better our hopes are.
However, still no replies from them.

Troy Scarlatelli

Jan 21, 2013
Visit site
I have it on my old fashioned iPod 4th gen. (it feels like a PC from 2000 in my case compared to the Lumia 920) and it would be great to use the power of the WP camera... Even if they made a 3rd party app for it, I'd be completely okay with it. (day 5 of my WP and I'm in love):angel:

By the way, for all you facebookers looking at this, go to this link here: https://www.facebook.com/snapchat?fref=ts and klick the drop down menu. Hit contact developers and send them a well worded message about it.

Like others have said, the more requests for the app itself, the better chance of the app coming to the WP platform.

Last edited:

ryker002

Jan 15, 2013
Visit site
We could get it on WP if we do as you say, send them a email. But I'd recommend we get a lot of people to do so. Or possibly start a petition on change.org
Sent from my Nokia Lumia 920 using Board Express

Micheal Bouknight

Jan 25, 2013
Visit site
Im so in for having snapchat as an app. All my friends either have an android or an iPhone.And its killing me, because there always talking about snapchating each other and having there inside jokes. Im so in to the idea of a petition but how do I email a developer?

willied

Jul 30, 2011
Visit site
Im so in for having snapchat as an app. All my friends either have an android or an iPhone.And its killing me, because there always talking about snapchating each other and having there inside jokes. Im so in to the idea of a petition but how do I email a developer?

odoggyfresh provided the email above. It's support@snapchat.com. Copy the email address, go to your preferred email client, compose a new email, paste the email address in the email box, make a subject, type your message in the message area, and then hit send.

odoggyfresh

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
well I guess you could call it progress. I have been emailing snapchat from like 3 of my email accounts about once a week requesting an app, and finally got a response to one of the emails today!:

JAN 30, 2013 | 07:55AM UTC
Original message

Austin wrote:

I would like to be able to snapchat from my windows phone. Thanks

JAN 31, 2013 | 12:32AM UTC
Christina replied:
Hey Austin,

We've gotten a lot of requests about this, and are considering it!
Thank you, if there is anything else we can help you with, please ask!

Best,
Team Snapchat

Daniel Ratcliffe

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site
I've blasted out an email to them too, and signed the petition.

EDIT: Jesus Christ that was a fast response:

Daniel Ratcliffe
Subject:
Windows Phone app
JAN 31, 2013 | 02:26AM UTC
Christina replied:
Hey Daniel,

It would indeed be great if you could join in! We have received many requests similar to yours, and are definitely taking them into consideration.

We appreciate you taking the time to contact us!
Best,
Team Snapchat

JAN 31, 2013 | 02:16AM UTC
Original message
Daniel wrote:

Hi,

I have noticed that there is SnapChat available for iOS and Android. Problem is, I’m a Windows Phone user and would like to be able to try the app for myself. Especially as I believe quite a few of my iPhone/Android friends are already using this app, wouldn’t it be great if I could join in?

Kind regards
Daniel Ratcliffe

Sent from Windows 8 Mail

Last edited by a moderator:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
killshot4077