MLB At Bat for WP 8

Stormageddon5

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
I just sent customer service an email stating that they lost a two-time subscriber until they bring proper Win 8/WP8 support:

"Do you have any plans to develop apps for Windows 8 and Windows Phone 8? I have subscribed to MLB.tv for the past two seasons but unfortunately I do not plan on renewing my subscription until my devices are supported."

These types of things are about all we can do at this point. If you want an app, take a couple minutes to write customer support or the devs and let them know there's an audience for their work on WP8. You likely won't like the answer you hear back but the few times I've done this I've felt good that I've at least taken the time to reach out and try to improve the app situation, and it doesn't require much effort at all.

arrowrand

Dec 13, 2012
Visit site
Word on the street is that Blackberry is developing the app for MLB and that it is a native app, not an Android port.

Grain of salt, but my source has been good in the past. Knowing first hand (as a former user) that RIM used to develop many of the key apps that were available on the old OS, I believe it.

Letros

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
This is a big bummer for myself, a MLB.tv subscriber, I can't always be at my PC when a game is on. How about some limited Flash support for WP8 like WinRT?

TheJoester09

Mar 16, 2012
Visit site
You need Nexdef for certain features, like the radio overlay to go with the video and full HD res, but I tried some archived games from 2012 when I first got my Surface (before I angrily cancelled my subscription) and it worked fine. The quality was pretty good, despite not having Nexdef.

gtbuzz

May 27, 2011
Visit site
Bah. Stumbled across this thread today because my Braves are playing today and I can't for the life of me find an AM radio. This is really frustrating - last year was bad enough that they release the crippled app, this year they do nothing at all?

I'm sure I wasn't the only one, but because the WP MLB app was so gimped compared to the iOS and Android versions, I refused to buy anything. I wonder if people doing that affected sales of the app in such a way that MLB thought the market was a lot smaller than it actually is.

Travis Petersen

Feb 14, 2013
Visit site
I did the same thing last year. The app was so terrible. I opened a thread under At Bat on the forums. Everyone here should voice their complaints. Maybe they think we are the small minority but at least we can become the loud vocal minority

arrowrand

Dec 13, 2012
Visit site
I did the same thing last year. The app was so terrible. I opened a thread under At Bat on the forums. Everyone here should voice their complaints. Maybe they think we are the small minority but at least we can become the loud vocal minority
or maybe Microsoft could have developed the app for MLB this year to prove the platform has value for them?

This is a huge hit for me. I don't give two quick squirts about Instagram, but no At Bat app is a major pain point for me with this Lumia.

Keith Wallace

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
I decided going in that I would not let any developer other than Microsoft negatively affect my experience with Windows Phone. If developers aren't interested in the platform, then I'll get along just fine with what I have. Trillian doesn't want to make an app? I'll stick with IM+. MLB doesn't want to? Then I'll keep my $120 for an MLB.TV subscription. They're only hurting themselves when they restrict their potential customer base.

bigtoe88

Dec 15, 2012
Visit site
I am going to have to keep my old evo in the car. Then use the internet sharing of my Nokia 920, so my evo can be connected to it via WIFI and use my AT&T Data. That way I can get MLB AT BAT on a 4 year old phone. AWESOME!

mwailes

Mar 4, 2013
Visit site
The sad thing is that this is pretty close to being a deal breaker for me.

I've been a iPhone user for the last few years and I'm going to have a upgrade available in a few weeks. My iPhone literally does everything I want it to but I'm bored with it and I'm looking to make a change. I seriously used that MLB at-bat to listen to play by play almost everyday in some capacity or another last summer. I sincerely hope they can get a WP 8 version ready or at the very least make an announcement saying they will soon.

Keith Wallace

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
You COULD elect to keep your iPhone on you for simply using that app, be it over WiFi or by swapping your SIM card into it, if necessary (if you're on AT&T).

Like I said before, I'm not going to let some jerk developers ruin a great device.

pavvento

Jan 6, 2012
Visit site
Does anyone know how many GB are used for audio/video streaming? I've added the 5GB plan with WiFi sharing with the thought of picking up a used iPod touch that I can tether to my 920. Obviously I don't want to rip through my space in one game. Any thoughts?

Squatting Hen

Apr 15, 2012
Visit site
Does anyone know how many GB are used for audio/video streaming? I've added the 5GB plan with WiFi sharing with the thought of picking up a used iPod touch that I can tether to my 920. Obviously I don't want to rip through my space in one game. Any thoughts?

It depends on the stream. Hopefully someone here has a good answer. That is my plan too. I have an ipod touch I will have to dust off.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerupgo