Amazing Weather HD vs Weather Flow. Which is better?

falcon304

Nov 27, 2011
Visit site
I've come to the conclusion that (some) battery drain problems are due to the cell radio getting stuck on. Anything can do it, not just Weather Flow. I've had it happen to me after using rowi. Turn the phone off then on again to fix it.

PS - I use Weather Flow. I like the live tile more.

Kebero

May 26, 2011
Visit site
I like the speed and appearance of Amazing Weather more. However, the lock screen functionality of Weather Flow is amazing. Currently, like others in this thread, I use Amazing Weather for the live tile on my home screen and as my primary weather app with Weather Flow installed for the lock screen.

eizsoft

Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
For all WP fans, first of all thanks for supporting us, it's been overwhelming!
We are working hard to add more features like the Lockscreen with amazing pictures and choices, also we are going to add new mix and match feature for the live tiles, which we hope you'll like.
Sorry if we do not reply later, we are quite busy.
Have a very nice day.

Agent-P

Oct 11, 2011
Visit site
And with that statement by Ezsoft, I think I will wait for their next update before actually determining which weather app I like better. However I still stand by my decision to buy both because I think developers who put this kind of time and effort into their apps deserved to be rewarded. Because without them we would just have mediocre apps. And now I'll get off my soapbox.

For a more thread related response: I currently have both pinned and I'll see which one I tend to use more over the course of the next couple of weeks.

Etyrnus

Dec 29, 2011
Visit site
Agreed, I bought weather flow because I like the lockscreen functionality. If I need more detailed info at the moment, I have accuweather or weather channel also installed. And eizsoft and team were pretty quick in answering my question i emailed them, especially for developers, which was appreciated.

The one comment I would put forward as a possible improvement for the app is maybe have the app weather lockscreens it cycles thru be season related. But this would just be icing on the cake for a beautiful app.

Agent-P

Oct 11, 2011
Visit site
Agreed, I bought weather flow because I like the lockscreen functionality. If I need more detailed info at the moment, I have accuweather or weather channel also installed. And eizsoft and team were pretty quick in answering my question i emailed them, especially for developers, which was appreciated.

The one comment I would put forward as a possible improvement for the app is maybe have the app weather lockscreens it cycles thru be season related. But this would just be icing on the cake for a beautiful app.

The season related wallpaper is a good idea. I too would like to see that implemented in a weather app.

Also, I absolutely love your signature.

Etyrnus

Dec 29, 2011
Visit site
The season related wallpaper is a good idea. I too would like to see that implemented in a weather app.

Also, I absolutely love your signature.

I like to help out where I can.

And my signature, thank you! I borrowed it from someone on a motorcycle forum I'm on, he said it one day and it struck me as perfect, especially since I work in a call center.

Edit: added source for sig lol

Last edited:

david90531

Aug 29, 2011
Visit site
I think WeatherFlow's interface, live tiles integration and lockscreen are the most innovative and beautiful out of all weather apps. It's just not free that's all.

clindhartsen

Feb 28, 2011
Visit site
I prefer the simplicity of Weather Flow, though I also have The Weather Channel as well since WF doesn't include radar. I was also a little off-put that Amazing Weather HD is 80MB app, which seems a bit much for just wanting a forecast.

david90531

Aug 29, 2011
Visit site
Just posted this on the L920 forum but I love Weather Flow because of the amazing lock screen feature and the live tiles look great in every size.
wp_ss_20121221_0001.jpg wp_ss_20121221_0002.png

jodahav

Sep 20, 2012
Visit site
I'm a little late to this thread, but I have been VERY impressed with Weather Flow. My Weather HD live tile never worked, whereas my Weather Flow live tile provides all of the information I could need. Weather Flow does not provide radar info, so I use the Weather app from Nokia for that if I want, but IMHO, the WeatherFlow app provides the perfect Heads Up Display to get the information you want just looking at your start screen. Add to that the lock screen compatability and it is my weather app. (Plus I love that I can keep the Bing picture as my lock screen). Here's what I get from the app:
wp_ss_20130105_0001.jpgwp_ss_20130105_0002.jpg

E Lizzle

Nov 26, 2012
Visit site
Weather Flow is good for providing the lockscreen view and that's it. For actual use, the Weatherbug app is by far the best and most inituitive. On most of these weather apps, you can't even see the percent chance of rain 3 days out. That's basic functionality for a weather app. Weatherbug has everything and the UI is very well thought out. But Weather Flow is a must-have for the lockscreen alone.

-E

tipu2185

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Can someone recommend me good weather app with good live tiles support. As amazing weather and weather flow both are not available in my country's store. I emailed their authors but didn't get any reply.

david90531

Aug 29, 2011
Visit site
Can someone recommend me good weather app with good live tiles support. As amazing weather and weather flow both are not available in my country's store. I emailed their authors but didn't get any reply.
I'm pretty sure you'll be able to find it if you change your region to US in settings.. worked for me whenever I wanted some app that are only available in US for some dumb reasons.., no offence fellow Americans

tipu2185

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
I'm pretty sure you'll be able to find it if you change your region to US in settings.. worked for me whenever I wanted some app that are only available in US for some dumb reasons.., no offence fellow Americans

Well the problem lies in the fact that you cannot buy paid apps by changing region

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss