Any thoughts/news on a credit card reader coming to WP?

snowmutt

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
Been a while since I last asked, so I will throw it back out there. My Wife needs a credit card reader for WP, and will need it in the next couple months. Think "Square" or "Intuit" apps that you get a slide scanner and it processes credit card purchases for a small fee per transaction. Has there been any gossip, news, rumors or confirmation on these? Without it, our WP devices may have to be turned in for an Android to get this function. I am truly hoping it does NOT come to that. :unhappysweat:

Any word?

zedmartinez

Dec 14, 2011
Visit site
Intuit had GoPayment on WP7. It was manual entry only, no swiping, so you got stuck with a higher per transaction charge, but it existed at all. It's missing on WP8 so far, I've been meaning to email them about it coming back.

snowmutt

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
Just thought I would share this. It is the transcript of my discussion with Intuit about supporting WP. Doesn't look good. I will try a few others, but this was disappointing:

Elias:[SIZE=+0] Hello, thank you for chatting with us today. How may I help you?[/SIZE]
Todd: Hello Elias. My Wife and I are trying to start her own small business, and we need to know if there are any plans for a Go Payment Credit Card reader for Windows Phone. We really enjoy these types of devices, and do not want to move to Android or the iPhone. Any thoughts?
Elias:[SIZE=+0] Is it a window 8 phone?[/SIZE]
Todd: We would be more then happy to move to a Windows Phone 8, but right now we both own WP 7 devices.
Elias:[SIZE=+0] From what I understand you can make a Windows 7 Phone run apps instead of windows is that correct?[/SIZE]
Todd: Not sure what you are asking. I know with the new Windows Phones, they can run all the WP7 apps, but the apps being written for WP 8 (and the tablets) may not run on the older devices. But I do know there is no Go Payment for WP7 right now.
Elias:[SIZE=+0] Well what I do know is It wont work in app on a Windows 8. You would be able to process transactions on the secure website with the phones browser.[/SIZE]
Todd: So, we can use a go payment reader using the mobile browser of a Windows Phone? Is that correct?
Elias:[SIZE=+0] With the phones browser you would have to key enter the transactions.[/SIZE]
Elias:[SIZE=+0] The reader will only transfer info into a device that supports the app.[/SIZE]
Todd: And there is no plans for an app to support WP 8 or the Windows 8 Tablets? Keying in the transactions would not be practicle for my Wife's plans.
Elias:[SIZE=+0] Not at this time for Go Payment. Do you have a need to mobile process because we have a service designed to work on a computer?[/SIZE]
Todd: My wife will be at craft show, often outside in parks and flea market-type events. A mobile device would be the only way to ensure connection. WiFi would not always be available. I am very sorry to hear that you do not have plans for WP. I would sure appreciate it if you passed on that there is a desire for that on WP.
Elias:[SIZE=+0] Is there anything else I can help you with today?[/SIZE]
Todd: No, and I very much appreciate your time. Hope you have a great Holiday season.
Elias:[SIZE=+0] You too[/SIZE]

willied

Jul 30, 2011
Visit site
Wow, that guy can hardly speak.

I've tried contacting something like 3 companies with accessories that require an app, and not one of them has any plans to support WP. It's pretty defeating. I really hope things change for the better, and soon.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos