PNC Bank Windows Phone 8 APP

eduwizzy

Dec 3, 2013
Visit site
i contacted them on twitter and this was the response i got,guess they are working on it

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2013-12-02 at 11.46.38 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2013-12-02 at 11.46.38 PM.png
    38.6 KB · Views: 88

themkaufman

Mar 27, 2013
Visit site
I really wish it would be soon. When I first got with the Windows Phone platform I would scared that I would never see all the apps I wanted however that was back when I had my HTC Trophy and WP7. A few years later I have a Lumia 928 and almost every app I'd like to see on the marketplace except for PNC which is really disappointing because I have come to know PNC to be a legendary bank when it comes to getting anything done. I have never had a problem with them so seeing that they aren't the ball with a Virtual Wallet WP8 app kinda bugs me out. =/

U234

Jan 23, 2013
Visit site
Capture.PNG
Here is the replay I received today...they keep repeating the same thing....we are currently evaluating WP for app suitability...?!
And the previous response was back from August last year!

I also posted few tweets on Tweeter telling them that if they don't put their act together I will switch the bank to BoA, Citi or Chase who already have WP app!

Last edited:

androidtoWM

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
View attachment 54907
Here is the replay I received today...they keep repeating the same thing....we are currently evaluating WP for app suitability...?!
And the previous response was back from August last year!

I also posted few tweets on Tweeter telling them that if they don't put their act together I will switch the bank to BoA, Citi or Chase who already have WP app!
Citi doesn't.

GrandSpartan117

May 8, 2013
Visit site
Email I sent this morning... Lets hope i get a reply

Hello,

I am wondering if or when you will be releasing a Mobile Banking App for Windows Phone. I understand that in the past it has only had a small market share and why go through the effort for a small community. But in the past few years it has really picked up some momentum in the past few years and has experience 100 percent growth year over year. There are now 50 Million Windows Phone handsets in use today. I feel a PNC Mobile Banking app is well overdue.

I am currently in the processes of seeking out a bank that does have support on this platform. Currently it looks like m options are Bank of America, Ally, ING, Chase, and HDFC.

I know there are others who are desperately waiting for an app to be released. I really have enjoyed PNC and think you’re a great bank. U just wish there was a better option for me than the mobile banking website. Its junk.

mcrozanski1958

Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Wasn't there an App that had a number of shortcuts to different business web sites that would work in Windows phone. I reloaded my phone from scratch, but can't remember the name of it. It had about 20 or so shortcuts. Thanks in advance!

anon(8567512)

Feb 24, 2014
Visit site
I have a friend who is an executive VP at PNC. I asked him jokingly in November while at a wedding why they don't have an app for WP. He said to give him a week and he would get back to me. A week later he told me that he talked to their mobile department who told him that at the moment they had security concerns with Microsoft's WP8 platform and therefore had no plans on releasing an app. I don't know if this means never in the future, but it sure didn't sound promising. I kept my Android phone when I upgraded to the Icon so at least I can still use that over wifi to make mobile deposits.

mcheiron

Apr 9, 2012
Visit site
I have a friend who is an executive VP at PNC. I asked him jokingly in November while at a wedding why they don't have an app for WP. He said to give him a week and he would get back to me. A week later he told me that he talked to their mobile department who told him that at the moment they had security concerns with Microsoft's WP8 platform and therefore had no plans on releasing an app. I don't know if this means never in the future, but it sure didn't sound promising. I kept my Android phone when I upgraded to the Icon so at least I can still use that over wifi to make mobile deposits.

Thanks for that inside. I wonder what those "security issues" are? Any more details?

anon(8567512)

Feb 24, 2014
Visit site
Thanks for that inside. I wonder what those "security issues" are? Any more details?

I wish I had more info. Basically, he said, "They aren't planning one because of certain security issues, but it is easier to change your phone than your bank." I will send him a message and see if he can check on it again since it has been since November that he checked for me.

kurtd

Oct 1, 2012
Visit site
I wish I had more info. Basically, he said, "They aren't planning one because of certain security issues, but it is easier to change your phone than your bank." I will send him a message and see if he can check on it again since it has been since November that he checked for me.

Sounds like BS. There's a bunch of other banking apps from the US and all over the world but somehow it's not secure enough for PNC. Plus when user's contact PNC they give a different answer. If that were true why would they lie to consumers and give us a different answer? I'm in the IT industry and I'm constantly hearing about new android malware. Plus just recently iOS and MACs had a major security flaw where someone on the same network could view your encrypted SSL traffic. I would say Windows Phone has a much better track record when it comes to security.

demitrisln

Feb 5, 2014
Visit site
Per their Facebook response to me asking about a WP8 app they said "At this time a Windows app is not planned to release. However, we're always evaluating the feasibility and demand for the Windows app."

Not looking good right now

tgp

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
A week later he told me that he talked to their mobile department who told him that at the moment they had security concerns with Microsoft's WP8 platform and therefore had no plans on releasing an app.

Hmmm, that doesn't make sense. It sounds to me like an excuse. And not a very well thought out one at that!

mondokjm

Aug 3, 2012
Visit site
I contacted AT&T back in December and received this response:

We are happy to help. In reference to your message, a Windows Phone app
is currently being worked on. Please keep a look out for it!

Victora Dean
PNC Bank

Original Message Follows:
------------------------

I am curious to know if PNC has any plans to create a Windows Phone
mobile banking or Virtual Wallet app. I've seen posts regarding the
desire for an app on several sites
(http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/winphone/forum/wp8-wpapps/pnc-bank-app-for-windows-phone/5f9adef0-2730-47cc-a6bc-91cc47db5fc0)
and even on the Windows Phone uservoice site
(http://windowsphone.uservoice.com/forums/101801-feature-suggestions/suggestions/2763516-need-pnc-mobile-banking-app).
As one of the posters from the forum thread linked above said, "I would
change banks before I would change phones...", it would be extremely
disappointing to have to do so.
I really enjoy banking with PNC, but the current mobile offering doesn't
hold a candle to the competition:
- Chase Mobile? | Windows Phone Apps+Games Store (United States)

-http://www.windowsphone.com/en-us/store/app/wells-fargo/fa2b5fd7-756d-468f-a813-30587f3cc701

-http://www.windowsphone.com/en-us/store/app/bank-of-america/ad8a76fa-ca71-e011-81d2-78e7d1fa76f8

-http://www.windowsphone.com/en-us/store/app/usaa/6d5694b8-d1d7-df11-a844-00237de2db9e

I hope a mobile application for Windows Phone is in the pipeline.
Thank you.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
COME ON WIN ANDROID (ADI)