Musician and music making apps

E Lizzle

Nov 26, 2012
Visit site
iOS is loaded with musician and music making apps. I'm going to start this thread about Windows Phone musician apps, after searching for an existing thread and not finding one.

The only thing I have to offer so far is that RaveIt is a nice little drum machine for prototyping simple drum patterns when you're away from the studio. It works better than you'd expect. Also, save your pennies on the synth Grantophone, it suffers from an audio chopping problem on WP8.

-E

Vidva

Feb 5, 2013
Visit site
I would agree with you. RaveIT is a nice one and it seems that it is pro version is updated at least every 2-3 months. I have also tried pianist music studio free. Well, it has some nice features but the sequencer is terrible, very few samples... But overall it was a bit of disappointment.

Smyrna5

Aug 15, 2013
Visit site
Thanks. I will have to try it. The few with drum pads I have tried so far suffer so much lag as to be practically useless, for even slow tunes.

E Lizzle

Nov 26, 2012
Visit site
Since the old thread has been bumped, I can say that Grantophone has been updated and now works without any stuttering.

David Pollock1

Jan 26, 2014
Visit site
I've just downloaded the free version of Raveit and was impressed with the synthesis capabilites. I found it to be pretty laggy visually though and there's a lot latency when changing filter parameter etc. Does the pro version improve on these issues at all?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos