Lumia 920 can take sharp pitcures with Camera Easy app

barareklam

Dec 16, 2012
Visit site
I have been thinking what to do with my brand new Lumia 920 because I am dissapointed with picture quality. They are simply not sharp, and I am not talking only daylight or night pictures. In my case MOST of the pictures are not sharp. However all Macro pictureas are sharp, and one of a hundred both daylight and low light ARE sharp.
My previous phone is Nokia N8 and wife have Iphone 4s so I know what to expect from a phone.
I have dowloaded app called Camera Easy and that app simply take SHARP pictures.
Here are two comparison, two sharp are of course taken with Camera Easy app, and two not so sharp pictures are taken with default Nokia Lumia 920 software. ( I have bought Camera Pro as well, but pictures have same quality as Nokia Lumia 920 default software, not sharp).
However there is one bug in Camera Easy app, it can save images in own folder somewhere on Lumia 920, but they are not listed on camera roll or albums???

(reason why I am covering my eye is because I took over hundred of pictures and looking in flash light that many times will hurt my eyes.... so some protection )

NOKIA, dowload this app and learn how to do things correctly :)

Attachments

• wp_ss_20121223_0005.jpg
    wp_ss_20121223_0005.jpg
    86.2 KB · Views: 97
  • wp_ss_20121223_0006.jpg
    wp_ss_20121223_0006.jpg
    69 KB · Views: 86
  • wp_ss_20121223_0007.jpg
    wp_ss_20121223_0007.jpg
    61.2 KB · Views: 83
  • wp_ss_20121223_0008.jpg
    wp_ss_20121223_0008.jpg
    80.3 KB · Views: 96
Last edited by a moderator:

ton_pkt

Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
Re: Lumia 920 can take sharp pitcures with app

Wow, your default camera gave a terrible blurry images.

That's pretty strange since I and lot of users here don't get the same result as yours.

Did you update the OS already?

david90531

Aug 29, 2011
Visit site

Yea my camera definitely take much better photos than yours.. must be something wrong with it I think

JackYoung

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site

I've updated my phone already. Tried the camera easy app myself.
Ran some minor tests regarding sharpness and I can verify that there is a slight difference.

Pictures from the native camera app appears to have slightly more blurry edges and sublte noise issues compared to pictures taken from the 3rd party app.
Pictures from the camera easy app appeared to have greater sharpness, though that's really all it offers.
App wasn't intuitive enough and pictures can't be saved onto your regular saved pictures gallery (as OP already stated)

Will not be keeping this app, but glad to know the camera does have the potential to be better.
Would be appreciated if Nokia took note.

barareklam

Dec 16, 2012
Visit site

Yea my camera definitely take much better photos than yours.. must be something wrong with it I think

Hmmm.... So it is possible that my phone have faulty camera? I was thinking that L920 produce blurred images. What do you guys think? If it is fault with my L920 maybe I should take it to Nokia care? Do you think I got faulty unit?

JackYoung

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site

Hmmm.... So it is possible that my phone have faulty camera? I was thinking that L920 produce blurred images. What do you guys think? If it is fault with my L920 maybe I should take it to Nokia care? Do you think I got faulty unit?

You mentioned that you haven't had the chance to update the phone?
If that's the case, then I don't think you have a faulty device.
Initially, before the update, my Lumia would consistently produce pictures with blurry edges and not-so-sharp details.
In other words, that's just how it is.

Unfortunately, the camera just doesn't live up to the hype.
It's a good camera, don't get me wrong, but I guess with all the talk before the device came out, I really was expecting much better.

snakebitten

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
Might just be my lack of photo savvy, but many folks have remarked about the quality of the pics I have been taking with this phone. Not saying it's SLR quality, but for a cell phone its remarkable.

JackYoung

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site

Might just be my lack of photo savvy, but many folks have remarked about the quality of the pics I have been taking with this phone. Not saying it's SLR quality, but for a cell phone its remarkable.

I have my gripes mainly because I am a previous iPhone user and comparatively, the iPhone 4 (not even the 4s) just had crisper pictures.
The Lumia does take pictures with greater detail and can handle lighting much, much better, but I feel the lack of sharpness is crucial when talking about picture quality.

As a cell phone camera? Yes, remarkable.
As a cell phone camera is this day and age, and also as compared to the competition? I think Nokia can do better.
I say this not in spite, but rather in trust, because I KNOW Nokia can do better.
I wouldn't have bought a Lumia if I didn't think so ;)

barareklam

Dec 16, 2012
Visit site

My Nokia N8, more than two years old, takes much much better pictures. That is one of the reasons why I am so dissaponited. Please take a look at some pictures that I posted on this forum, thred "pictures taken with Lumia 920" think they are on page 31, ,search for my name, barareklam.
http://forums.windowscentral.com/nokia-lumia-920/200218-31.htm

Aldiggi

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
RE: Lumia 920 can take sharp pitcures with app

Its just funny cause in the viewfinder right before you snap the pic its crystal clear but when it processes and saves then you get the blur. This is an easy fix guys its just when are they going to polish this out.
Sent from my Lumia 920 using Board Express

George Ponder

Editor
Dec 28, 2001
Visit site

Nokia's Creative Studio will let you sharpen the images in the matter of seconds... the softness that some notice is not anything to lose sleep over. Luckily the softness is fixable.

Even DSLR's will take a soft image from time to time.

Rico

Dec 30, 2009
Visit site

How much sharpening is too much or too little is a very subjective thing. I've found that before the Portico update, shots were a little softer than I'd like, but largely fixable with Nokia Creative Studio. After the update, sharpness is increased and the white balance/color temperature is much more accurate. Saturation seems the same. My biggest gripe with the camera is that there's no sharpness, contrast, or saturation controls for people who want to tweak their default settings one way or another. If you're coming from an iPhone or a Galaxy S3, you'll probably hate the lack of sharpening and saturation if that's what you're used to, but in my experience the Lumia 920 shots look much more natural.

barareklam

Dec 16, 2012
Visit site

How much sharpening is too much or too little is a very subjective thing. I've found that before the Portico update, shots were a little softer than I'd like, but largely fixable with Nokia Creative Studio. After the update, sharpness is increased and the white balance/color temperature is much more accurate. Saturation seems the same. My biggest gripe with the camera is that there's no sharpness, contrast, or saturation controls for people who want to tweak their default settings one way or another. If you're coming from an iPhone or a Galaxy S3, you'll probably hate the lack of sharpening and saturation if that's what you're used to, but in my experience the Lumia 920 shots look much more natural.
I'll suggest you to look at pictures in this thread where I post some portraits taken with my Lumia 920,
http://forums.windowscentral.com/nokia-lumia-920/200218-31.htm
How much sharpening I want? Well look at that picture which I posted in same thread, but this time, picture is taken with my two years old Nokia N8.
Please, to all of you that claims that some post process sharpening can fix this issue, if you really think that, please download some of my pictures from that thread and do it and post your result here on forum. I promise you if you can show that I can give you job to develop Photoshop CS 8, or whatever dream job you want in which ever imaging company you want!

Make this picture with women same sharp as picture with a man. You can use whatever you want. Please post your result here and you will get the job of your dreams!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    80.2 KB · Views: 611
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    80 KB · Views: 614

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member