Lumia 920 can take sharp pitcures with Camera Easy app

misterRafter

Mar 28, 2012
Visit site
Re: Lumia 920 can take sharp pitcures with app

right, tested it. Camera Easy does sharpen up the images slightly. A bit better than the standard camera!

Quist2012

Dec 17, 2012
Visit site

I too want to reiterate what the OP is saying here: THIS IS NOT AN ISSUE OF SHARPENING THE IMAGES.

This is an issue of the standard camera either not capturing information or basically corrupting the information from the sensor, wiping out fine detail completely. Since the information is not in the photo (i.e. not just hidden behind poor rendering) no post-processing can ever fix the picture. The Camera Easy app, however, allows the photo to retain the actual information that the sensor captures. With those pictures, you can sharpen them further, or pretty much do whatever you want with, because most of the information is actually intact.

Needless to say, I have the exact same issue. I also didn't want to wait for the OTA update and installed various versions of the Portico update on Nokia's Navifirm servers and the pictures do not improve. This is true of the Belgium Proximus, unbranded Belgium, unbranded Hong Kong and T-Mobile Germany updates on my phone.

Could our phones be defective? Maybe, but if so, why is Camera Easy doing so well with the hardware we have?

I'm at a loss to explain this, but needless to say, the failure of the Portico update to fix the camera on my 920 leaves me very disappointed. (Lastly, I should mention that my phone is Swedish unbranded - 059Q9H4 RM-821_CV_Sweden...White.)

Brutos UK

Nov 9, 2012
Visit site

How do you get the pictures off the phone to do a comparison ? They just disappear when I save them to the gallery and they don't show up using the file browser when connected to a pc ? But just by flicking between the apps the easy camera app appears to have more noise, which probably means it's just sharpening the pictures more.

edit; After taking a few outdoor pics I would say the standard Camera takes better pictures due to the more precise focus when touching the screen.

Last edited:

barareklam

Dec 16, 2012
Visit site

How do you get the pictures off the phone to do a comparison ? They just disappear when I save them to the gallery and they don't show up using the file browser when connected to a pc ? But just by flicking between the apps the easy camera app appears to have more noise, which probably means it's just sharpening the pictures more.

edit; After taking a few outdoor pics I would say the standard Camera takes better pictures due to the more precise focus when touching the screen.

Yes, they can't be saved in camera roll or albums for some reasons. I just took screenshots. Power button and windows button at same time.

krystea

Nov 23, 2012
Visit site

I don't know. My 920 takes pretty sharp photos on its own. At the end of the day, it's still a cellphone.

WP_20121222_02120121224123928.jpg
WP_20121223_02020121224125058.jpg

barareklam

Dec 16, 2012
Visit site

Well, maybe I got faulty unit. Can you be so kind a take a picture of a person in a bar or similar conditions and post it on forum so we can compare quality. Maybe i need to contact Nokia care?

ton_pkt

Nov 21, 2012
Visit site

These are my images taken in the small bar (my friends singing there).
This is the low light condition, sorry that i can't perform the same condition as yours, but i hope that this can be any use.

The 1 thing i did here is, re-size the image to 15% of the original.
These images taken before the Portico update.

WP_20121219_051_resized_zpsd4c6e38b.jpg
WP_20121219_055_resized_zps66c309be.jpg
WP_20121220_007_resized_zps75d164c5.jpg

Here are the links to full size images.
https://skydrive.live.com/redir?resid=3772D96807FD32C7!1904&authkey=!AMLzBPhPPoeUXog

Last edited:

barareklam

Dec 16, 2012
Visit site

thanks, skydrive shows only one image, could you be so kind and upload full size image of musicians, please

ton_pkt

Nov 21, 2012
Visit site

thanks, skydrive shows only one image, could you be so kind and upload full size image of musicians, please

Here you go. But, with one remark, this is before the Portico update. Maybe tonight I may have a chance for some others night shot with my Portico updated LM920

Musician:
https://skydrive.live.com/redir?resid=3772D96807FD32C7!1906&authkey=!APz6Ew8_RuVZZGM

Glass:
https://skydrive.live.com/redir?resid=3772D96807FD32C7!1907&authkey=!AGJRcJ1q5VOqry8

jlynnm350z

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site
My name is bla,bla,bla and I make 1 trillion dollars a week working on my iMac on the internet just sitting in front of my tv and listening to music. I bet you wish you were like me. I'm getting t real tired of seeing this guys post in every damn thread. I left his name out. . . Well because I don't remember IT. I like it that. Way. You know who im talking about, you've seen this damn guy everywhere to. Ugh!! 😠

JonesCK1

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site

Ok, I just tested and at first I thought camera easy shots were sharper, this is due to the preview of camera easy being able to zoom in a lot closer than the native camera app which has limited zoom. I was convinced camera easy was better until I accessed the photo from my PC and zoomed in, the font was just as clear. Nokia needs to update the preview, I don't care personally but it's going to confuse people just as it did here.

barareklam

Dec 16, 2012
Visit site

Ok, I just tested and at first I thought camera easy shots were sharper, this is due to the preview of camera easy being able to zoom in a lot closer than the native camera app which has limited zoom. I was convinced camera easy was better until I accessed the photo from my PC and zoomed in, the font was just as clear. Nokia needs to update the preview, I don't care personally but it's going to confuse people just as it did here.
How did you moved pictures to PC, I can't do that?

ttsoldier

Retired Ambassador
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site

Not sure if it's just me, but my pics seem to appear a lot sharper on the phone as opposed to when I copy them onto my lapt

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss