Is instagram even coming to wp8?

Snow

Aug 28, 2011
Visit site
Does anyone know if instagram is being develop for WP8? Tbh I dont want to hear about "oh its a stupid app for hipster which just add filters to pictures which make them worst" bull****. If its a stupid app, no one will be using. Besides its the social functions that cause it to be big, not the filters. Its a huge app and these kind of apps is needed for WP to succeed. So does anyone have any knowledge? If so please post source links! :)

Byrese

Dec 14, 2012
Visit site
Ya it just came via a third party app called metro.am. Its pretty awesome. Check out the store. Let me know what you think.

havox22

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site
We dont know, there arent any source links to share. There is an app that lets you sign in and browse, just not post (I know the biggest part). I'm not saying its not coming, I'm just saying that it might be a while

Jastow

Nov 25, 2012
Visit site
Don't know, don't use it, and never heard of it until people on here complained about WP8 not having it...figured I could just share pictures on facebook since its not available here. I need a tdameritrade trading app, not another way to share personal media. To answer your question, I don't believe anyone knows for sure if an official instagram app is coming. I do see the significance of bringing popular apps to WP8 and MSFT will not succeed if they can't get more users to migrate over to their OS.
Sent from my RM-820_nam_att_100 using Board Express

Last edited:

Snow

Aug 28, 2011
Visit site
We dont know, there arent any source links to share. There is an app that lets you sign in and browse, just not post (I know the biggest part). I'm not saying its not coming, I'm just saying that it might be a while
Hmm ok that sucks.. I'm 18 and instagram is big among teenagers and young adults. Many of my friends who are willing to switch stopped due to the lack of an official instagram app, (not the third party app that doesn't let you post pictures). I suppose many of you at working adults? So maybe you don't see use of such apps. But if Microsoft wan to increase their marketshare, they should really help and urge instragram to develop an app be it providing them money or developers.

spaulagain

Apr 27, 2012
Visit site
Hmm ok that sucks.. I'm 18 and instagram is big among teenagers and young adults. Many of my friends who are willing to switch stopped due to the lack of an official instagram app, (not the third party app that doesn't let you post pictures). I suppose many of you at working adults? So maybe you don't see use of such apps. But if Microsoft wan to increase their marketshare, they should really help and urge instragram to develop an app be it providing them money or developers.

I understand quick "fad" apps are huge for social connecting, but I would NEVER let a stupid app like Instagram impact my decision to buy a smartphone. You are making a far more advanced investment when you pick a smartphone OS for at least the next 2 years. Apps like Instagram come and go within 6 months.

WP offers so much more as a phone and tool OS, why dismiss it for something so silly. Plus, WP is far more socially integrated throughout the OS then the others.

I'd tell your friends they are being short sighted and making immature (stupid) decisions. ;)

rockstarzzz

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site
I understand quick "fad" apps are huge for social connecting, but I would NEVER let a stupid app like Instagram impact my decision to buy a smartphone. You are making a far more advanced investment when you pick a smartphone OS for at least the next 2 years. Apps like Instagram come and go within 6 months.

WP offers so much more as a phone and tool OS, why dismiss it for something so silly. Plus, WP is far more socially integrated throughout the OS then the others.

I'd tell your friends they are being short sighted and making immature (stupid) decisions. ;)

they are 18.

havox22

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site

Instagram has been here for over 6 months and will still be here in a year. It might pass one day, but only when something replaces it. (Facebook over myspace) We are social creatures, and feeling left out, or like you are missing something is big for some, especially those still in high school/college where fitting in seems like everything for most.

I dont use twitter, but it is very easy for me to understand that if windows phones were unable to access it via web or app, how that would stop a whole lot of folks from buying a WP. Yes, its a 2 year commitment, but quite honestly as long as you aren't getting a low budget android phone the two years will go by fine. Unless of you need certain apps, then WP can be a burden. I Already see it with my sister in law who I got get to get a 820 & my bro got the GS3 she is always on his phone and wants to return hers. Even tho WP IMHO is better if you are talking OS for OS some of these apps simply make life easier & WP just doesnt have them.

Snow

Aug 28, 2011
Visit site
Instagram has been here for over 6 months and will still be here in a year. It might pass one day, but only when something replaces it. (Facebook over myspace) We are social creatures, and feeling left out, or like you are missing something is big for some, especially those still in high school/college where fitting in seems like everything for most.

I dont use twitter, but it is very easy for me to understand that if windows phones were unable to access it via web or app, how that would stop a whole lot of folks from buying a WP. Yes, its a 2 year commitment, but quite honestly as long as you aren't getting a low budget android phone the two years will go by fine. Unless of you need certain apps, then WP can be a burden. I Already see it with my sister in law who I got get to get a 820 & my bro got the GS3 she is always on his phone and wants to return hers. Even tho WP IMHO is better if you are talking OS for OS some of these apps simply make life easier & WP just doesnt have them.
THIS. Thanks for this post, exactly what I thought.

Snow

Aug 28, 2011
Visit site

Did Facebook, instagram or twitter disappear in 6 months? I dont think so. Of course the OS matters alot and im considering upgrading to the lumia920 from my omnia 7. But recently I tried my mum's note 2 and I can say windows phone greatly lag behind android in terms of features, nvm the apps. Her notification centre is excellent with quick toggles for WiFi flight mode etc, a finger away. Google now is excellent and gmaps is awesome for my country. I can't comment on Nokia maps since I din use it before. I love windows phone metro design language and how apps look better on windows phone compared to ios and android. But I do also need assurance that in terms of app growth and whether top official apps are considering making WP apps. Also apps like fb and whatapps are seriously lacking on windows phone.

welsbloke

Nov 1, 2011
Visit site
I must confess sharing photos has never been an issue for me so really do not understand the draw to this app, I am willing to wait until the cows come home.

ttsoldier

Retired Ambassador
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Stop posting alternatives. These inatagram threads get me soo mad.

Those of you who don't/cant see how crucial instagram is to WP need a wake up call. No one cares if you don't use it. 100 million people use it. That is what matters.

Jazmac

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
Too much whining about instagam. If the developers want to write for the platform, and I believe they will for Windows Phone 8, it'll happen. Until it gets here, it's not the end of the world. Unless google buys them. Then you'll never see it.

runamuck83

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site
Too much whining about instagam. If the developers want to write for the platform, and I believe they will for Windows Phone 8, it'll happen. Until it gets here, it's not the end of the world. Unless google buys them. Then you'll never see it.

Instagram is already owned by Facebook. So, Google would have to buy Facebook

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
quicktravo