Is instagram even coming to wp8?

phatboy66

May 25, 2012
Visit site
Instagram knows that MS badly need an app from them to get more users on their platform so I'm sure they're waiting that MS gives them a couple millions $$$ before they even move their finger.

unit_three

Sep 29, 2011
Visit site
On Android I used to use Instagram. I would post occasionally, but mostly just browsed so it's not so bad for me. I'm 28 by the way, and my 23 yr old sister uses it a lot (it's not just a immature teenager app). I gave her my old HD7, but she uses it as a dumb phone. All her app usage is done on her iPod Touch. This is and continues to be WP's problem.

wazup113

Dec 13, 2012
Visit site
they are 18.
so doesn't mean anything...im 16 and it didn't keep me from it and just about every girl in my school has one and about half the guys...i don't because i can care less and will just join the next fad as long as wp gets it but if not in about 1 month it will be complaining about snap-chat and then 2 months later there will be a new app so on and so on

Tahiti Bob

Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
Instagram knows that MS badly need an app from them to get more users on their platform so I'm sure they're waiting that MS gives them a couple millions $$$ before they even move their finger.

I do wonder why MS doesn't just pay insane amounts for the very demanded apps. That's what they did with the Xbox and now they're in a position of power. But it doesn't look like they're willing to do the same for Windows Phone.

dogfish54

Jan 31, 2012
Visit site

This is the slippery slope with companies like Microsoft paying for apps. Do companies stop developing in the hope that MS will pay?

tk-093

Aug 30, 2010
Visit site
oh its a stupid app for hipsters which just adds filters to pictures which makes them worse

Though I personally think it's silly and don't use it at all, you really don't know what Instagram is, do you? It's a social network, like Facebook, Twitter, etc... it's just photo based. If it was just a silly app to add filters to pictures nobody would care.

jhguth

Sep 26, 2012
Visit site
Look people, stop this.

A lot of people want Instagram, I don't use it either but I can understand that if you are invested in the ecosystem and have a network on there, you would want to keep it. The twitter analogy was exactly right.

Accept that some people want to be able to post pictures to instagram and not just view them. So stop suggesting 3rd party apps and saying Instagram is stupid or its a dump reason to not buy a phone --EVERY -- SINGLE -- TIME-- this topic is raised. I'm very happy with Lomogram but I can understand that this is not good enough for an Instagram user.

Some people use Instagram, accept that.

These threads are ridiculous.

Daniel Ratcliffe

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site
I'm in agreement with jhguth. Any further posts about Instagram being stupid or a dumb reason not to buy a phone will be reported. The clampdown starts now.

Now, as far as Instagram coming to WP8, I aren't entirely sure. Signs don't seem to point in our favour though. I think Instagram and Microsoft should try and get a special partnership going in which they will be able to integrate Instagram into their Windows Phone's Pictures and People hubs. That would be a brilliant way to approach it IMO.

Daniel Ratcliffe

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site
Instagram is lame dude ... Haha .. But I support it on WP so it will help the OS take over .. But it is lame still

Not wanting to use it because you find it lame is one thing, saying because of that it shouldn't be on the platform is another. You accept the benefits it will bring to WP and hope it comes over, which is fine. I'm just trying to help the mods with scouting the trolls that's all, and getting them dealt with.

I use an Android tablet and a WP, and still don't want a stupid filter to mess up my pictures. So there!

I use a WP, Android tablet, and iPod Touch. So there! Also got a MacBook Pro with Mountain Lion + Windows 8, and a custom-built PC with Windows 8 and Windows 7. :wink: However I also do not use Instagram. Might use it if I get it on my Nokia Lumia 920 which I'm hopefully getting in a month's time though.

jhguth

Sep 26, 2012
Visit site
I dont use Facebook, lol it's stupid blah blah blah

I don't use twitter, lol it's stupid blah blah blah

I don't use outlook.com, lol it's stupid blah blah blah

e

MaxPower203

Dec 2, 2012
Visit site
Though I personally think it's silly and don't use it at all, you really don't know what Instagram is, do you? It's a social network, like Facebook, Twitter, etc... it's just photo based. If it was just a silly app to add filters to pictures nobody would care.

LOL

My post was a quote from the original poster who said he didn't want anyone to say those words. I felt it was my responsibility to say them. Read the very first post to see what I mean. ;)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb