Recommendation for Calendar App

Rickosw

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
Hi Guys,

Any third party calendar apps that you are currently using or would recommend?
ie have a Snapshot of the weekly events or even Monthly Outline.
(Live Title Update is not a requirement, but if it has this function, would be nice :)

i'm ok with either Paid or Free Apps

Cheers!

david90531

Aug 29, 2011
Visit site
My favorite is definitely Appointile. Trial is over for me so gotta buy the app soon... Calendar Search is also handy
Sent from my Nokia Lumia 920 using Board Express

philxor

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
I just bought appointile, it's very good if you want to see more on your live tile. Calendar+ is a good app for viewing your entire calendar, Appointile doesn't really do that. The tile options for Calendar+ aren't great that's why I've used both. At some point someone will put it all together in a single app. :)

Just tried Chrono, it's very good as well, but the tile seems to be low res.

One somewhat annoying thing about the calendar apps is they are all pull by nature so if you have a new meeting created it doesn't automatically update the tile like the built-in calendar app does.

Last edited:

Rickosw

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
Hi Guys,

Thanks for all your replies....I appreciate it ..
after reading the reviews and doing some homework, I think i will give Appointile a go...it is not exactly "cheap", and there are still some bugs ...and issues to be ironed out. ..but i can see the developer is engaging the end user to improve the apps and updating the software...which personally i feel it very important...

AppoinTile forum / JDB Pocketware

but on general I'm just quite shocked from the "lack of proper calendar app" ...
i won't wana go into another round of discussion...but i feel Windows really need to get more "basic and good apps" out there instead of random 170,000 apps ...

spaulagain

Apr 27, 2012
Visit site
Hi Guys,

Thanks for all your replies....I appreciate it ..
after reading the reviews and doing some homework, I think i will give Appointile a go...it is not exactly "cheap", and there are still some bugs ...and issues to be ironed out. ..but i can see the developer is engaging the end user to improve the apps and updating the software...which personally i feel it very important...

AppoinTile forum / JDB Pocketware

but on general I'm just quite shocked from the "lack of proper calendar app" ...
i won't wana go into another round of discussion...but i feel Windows really need to get more "basic and good apps" out there instead of random 170,000 apps ...

What's wrong with the native calendar app? It's fully integrated with Facebook, Birthdays/Holidays, email such as Gmail, and Outlook.

I have my Outlook at work through exchange all integrated. Can set up meetings, accept, note late. Sync tasks from work and personal.

I guess I have a hard time understated what's missing...? The native app seems so powerful already.

Byrese

Dec 14, 2012
Visit site
I like the current calendar app but does anybody know how sync my gtasks to do list? I've already synced all my calendars from Gmail but this hasn't synced or maybe I did something wrong. Any ideas?

spaulagain

Apr 27, 2012
Visit site
I like the current calendar app but does anybody know how sync my gtasks to do list? I've already synced all my calendars from Gmail but this hasn't synced or maybe I did something wrong. Any ideas?

I don't think gtasks are syncable with the calendar. How attached are you to those google services? I used them for a while but switched after working with outlook.com

Byrese

Dec 14, 2012
Visit site
I may make the switch over. I also have iPad and all my stuff is synced with it and Gmail. I may go outlook though. I'm really starting not to like google.

spaulagain

Apr 27, 2012
Visit site
I may make the switch over. I also have iPad and all my stuff is synced with it and Gmail. I may go outlook though. I'm really starting not to like google.

ya, I liked Gmail. But I started testing outlook.com and was amazed at how much easier and more effective it was at managing my email etc. Plus it has the People and Skydrive web app directly connected when working in the browser. The only is the Calendar on the web apps is the old hotmail style. I'm hoping they update this ASAp. Once they do that, MS will have knocked Google out of the competition.

Q bOOgie

Dec 27, 2012
Visit site
what would be nice for the native calendar app on the 8x is being able to further customize your occurrences.
I'm unable to find the option to specify a specific occurrence to end instead of having it continue on throughout the whole year.
for example: if you want to add your school schedule and lets say it starts january 28th and a certain class ends in may 20th, and that class in on tuesdays and thursdays, i'm
unable to specifically make that reoccurring event end on may 20th . Unless i'm blind as a bat slash ray charles any help would be appreciated.
However if i'm on my desktop and in outlook calendar i'm able to specify an end date for that reoccurring event and sync my calendar phone.
Wonder if there is any way to do that through the phone instead of having to hop on the computer or if there is an app that you can recommend that has that ability.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DaviSmalle