simple reminder app

BRAPOO

Jan 11, 2013
Visit site
Seems like this simple ability should be there, but I can't figure out how to do it. I just want to be able to specify a time that a specific sound will play. Like for instance, when it's lunch time. "Beep-beep" - it's time for lunch!. Or "meow" at 4:30 - time to feed the cat. The only thing I can find is the Alarms app. I thought that was it, but that one plays the sound repeatedly, louder and louder until you acknowledge it by pressing Snooze or Dismiss. I don't want to have to interact with the phone, just play the sound once at specified time. Thanks.

textomatic

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
You should reword your post, "complicated reminder app." LOL Just do a search for alarm clock. There's bound to be one that can do what you ask. I found a few like Awesome Alarm+ and Wakey! Wakey! that might work for you. What I do think you're going to have to do is provide your own custom sounds either by audio files or recording your voice. Have fun!

BRAPOO

Jan 11, 2013
Visit site
thanks, I probably did word this badly. I'm not talking about any custom sounds or talking alarms. Just the ability to make one of the ringtones play at a specified time. (The cat's meow is one of the standard Nokia ringtones). I just don't want to have to pick up the phone and hit a button to make it stop, like you do with all of the Alarm apps. Just make a notification sound play, like when you get a message.

textomatic

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
Have you tried using the built in calendar app? That might do the trick... but I don't think it will let you do different sounds for different events.

Rellik66

Dec 29, 2012
Visit site
The alarms app allows you to set custom ringtones, and specific days of the week.to repeat.
The calendar app doesn't have custom ringtones, but the events can show up in detail on the lock screen & tile.

And of course there are other apps that can be downloaded as previously mentioned

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs