Best personal finance apps?

Jonadam23

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site
Seeing as windowsphone doesn't have mint yet, I was wondering what were some good alternatives that you can have linked to your bank account. Hopefully mint comes out with an app soon

Thargoid

Dec 30, 2012
Visit site
Hmm good point. I have YNAB on my old Android phone which was excellent, but havent looked to see if they do a Windows 8 mobile one yet.

wpoblation

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
Slim pickings, but fortunately PageOnce is very good.

For Stock Portfolio, My Stock Portfolio by Angry Napkin (but you can't link it to your actual account). I just set up my holdings manually.

MsbS

Feb 18, 2013
Visit site
No point creating a separate thread for my question, so I'll ask here.

I'm looking for a personal finance app to track my income/expenses/mortgage repayments. So far, I checked out Trial versions of Mobudget and Account Tracker. Both are quite nice, but both have their shortcomings...

Mobudget is not too friendly for multi-currency. While my earnings and expenses are in local currency (PLN), my mortgage is in a different one (Swiss Franc, if you're curious). To pay the monthly installment, I need to transfer cash from a PLN account to a CHF one. To reflect it properly, I need to enter 'Settings' and manually enter the proper exchange rate. A bit of a hassle (every month).

On the other hand, it is organised much better in Account Tracker - I can enter the amount in both currencies, and the app will calculate the exchange rate for this particular transaction. A perfect solution - quick and convenient. So, I would pick Account Tracker, but it seems to be limited in the expense categorisation - I could not find a way to create Sub-categories! Now, it is important, as I would like to (for example) group various Household costs under one category (Internet, water/electricity, rent, maintenance, etc.), but also be able to view the individual sub-categories...

EDIT: Oh, and I also checked out Money Wallet. It is kinda neat, but it seems to slow down (or even freeze) when doing the multi-currency things. For example, when I changed the base currency, the app froze. I had to lock the screen and unlock it to get the app running again.

As I don't live in the US, some apps like PageOnce (or Mint) are unavailable or not functional for me. Also, I'd like to buy the app just once, rather than pay for the service (like Toshi Pro).

Is there an app to suit my needs?

MsbS

Feb 18, 2013
Visit site
I had a quick glimpse at Toshi (Web browser), but I don't like a few things about it:
- Can I even set up accounts, or is it just income vs expenses? I'd like to see my credit card balance, vs checking account, vs saving account, etc.
- Not sure about the tags - I think I am used to categories/subcategories. Otherwise, some expenses might be double-counted in the reporting (example: if I tag travel insurance as 'travel' and 'insurance', it would double-count in the reports, no?
- I dislike subscription-based services, I'd much rather get a pay-once-get-it-for-lifetime app wherever possible (using lastpass premium because there was no better alternative).

EDIT: Tested some more apps, but they were too simple (most had no accounts whatsoever): Toshl, Finance Helper, MyMoneybook, My Expenses. Money Wallet is really not responsive and tends to freeze. It might be just my device, but I won't use an unstable app unless there are better alternatives.

I am still left with two options: Account Tracker (the developer says they are not gonna implement sub-categories), and Mobudget (if only they handled non-standard currencies better!).

Last edited:

nashid_ashraf

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
Toshl works fine for me. It's available on all platforms to boot. Quite simplistic but tends to my needs. The syncing sometimes becomes an issue, though.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

gbbg

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Didn't Pageonce stop supporting the Wp8 app few months ago? Haven't heard back from Mint on their app either.

wpn00b

Jan 9, 2013
Visit site
Yes, I would vouch for Pageonce as best currently available. Did anyone else using their app get the message stating they are changing their name to Check, notice that the supported platforms are iOS, BlackBerry 10, and Android?

How on earth is market share an excuse when Blackberry 10 cannot possibly have more market share than Windows Phone at this point?

I just realized how old this thread is. Ill post this elsewhere. I'm curious how people feel about that.

lfjj

Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
I love "Just Money". Easy to use, easy to understand, does what it should. I used Toshl but I found it annoying.

ShreyansShah

Aug 12, 2013
Visit site
is there any app which is available for both WP8 and PC, so that it can sync data either directly or through skydrive / dropbox / any other cloud?

Zmaja

Aug 13, 2014
Visit site
Hi guys,

I need an app that can sync spendings on WP and Windows 8.1 computer, and also can convert currencies.
I will be using it to keep track of my daily expenses. Tried installing a couple of apps but I'm new to the WP world and it seems that I can't find the right one!
Tnx :)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
COME ON WIN ANDROID (ADI)