Apps that can show Quick/Detailed Status on Lock Screen

wilsey

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site
Is there any app that can show Quick or Detailed Status on Lock Screen? I'm using Windows Phone 8.
I am looking for perhaps Weather, other social networking apps. Currently, I only have: Calendar, Facebook, Hotmail, Messaging, Phone that can do that.
I wonder if this capability is limited by the OS, or the apps developer forgot to include this as one of the features.

For example: I use WeChat, but if someone text me and I wasn't aware at first, then I turn on the phone and check the Lock Screen, I won't be able to see that someone has text me on WeChat. As there is no notification on the Lock Screen.

zedmartinez

Dec 14, 2011
Visit site
Apps that use text field (that I have installed):

Baconit
DashBuddy
Facebook
Mehdoh
MeTweets
NewsSpot
Package Tracker

Apps I have that use the icons on lockscreen:

Baconit
Facebook
Mehdoh
MetroTalk
MeTweets
NewsSpot
Package Tracker

JW888

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
Is there any app that can show Quick or Detailed Status on Lock Screen? I'm using Windows Phone 8.
I am looking for perhaps Weather, other social networking apps. Currently, I only have: Calendar, Facebook, Hotmail, Messaging, Phone that can do that.
I wonder if this capability is limited by the OS, or the apps developer forgot to include this as one of the features.

For example: I use WeChat, but if someone text me and I wasn't aware at first, then I turn on the phone and check the Lock Screen, I won't be able to see that someone has text me on WeChat. As there is no notification on the Lock Screen.
Yes, you can do that.

vaderag

Mar 24, 2013
Visit site
I'm looking for an alternate calendar that uses this, so I can show 2 calendar items...
Anyone found one that does that?

vaderag

Mar 24, 2013
Visit site
lockmix , awesome lock , today widgets and lock widgets

Lockmix is ace - really nice weather bit. Doesnt use the detailed status however for calendar. Also, bing image is US only, not UK
Awesome Lock - similar, no detailed status
Today Widgets - nope, again, not detailed status

They're all good, but more clutter things than improve

vaderag

Mar 24, 2013
Visit site
Lockmix is by far my favorite weather version of this - is there another app with similar weather (maybe just weather) that can use the bing wallpaper?

I've given up on finding a calendar app that works as i want it to

tvs6

Dec 21, 2013
Visit site
Please let me renew this thread. Is there an app or way to make WP8 phone show ALL Calendar events on Lock Screen / as Quick status?

There's no problem in showing this for things such as Meetings, but I haven't seen a way to get Outlook Tasks up there, which do show up in Calendar, but not in Quick view mode on Lock Screen. Is this possible at all?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tallgeeselll05