What the heck happened to USAA app?

hopmedic

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
Comscore says WP is going down, Strategy Analytics says it overtook Blackberry... Who knows what's right? The truth could be anywhere between 50% higher than Strategy Analytics says and 50% lower than Comscore says.....

WP user

Feb 8, 2013
Visit site
Rich, I would hardly say if it overtook BB it is doing well... As long as Android and iOS control 90% of the user base BB and WP will play second fiddle.

sinime

Retired Moderator
Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
...except you have to log in every single time with user name, password, pin and security question :angry:

You talking about the USAA app? You can go to settings and enable quick login so that all you need is a 4 digit pin each time you open it.

red grenadine

Nov 27, 2010
Visit site
Closed my brokerage account and $150k of assets due to this.

I need mobile access to my brokerage account and will move to a platform that provides it.

I'll still use them for banking as they still provide good service and no-fee ATMs

msdugn

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
Closed my brokerage account and $150k of assets due to this.

I need mobile access to my brokerage account and will move to a platform that provides it.

I'll still use them for banking as they still provide good service and no-fee ATMs

Customers speaking with thier business. Nice. I'm sure you told them the reason.

ncxcstud

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site
Well that stinks... Oh well, I still have a scanner at home and at work that I can use to deposit checks. Still love WP8 and USAA :) I'm sending an e-mail now though to voice my wanting of a WP8 app....

MezJr

Dec 12, 2012
Visit site
It's kinda bizzare that they pulled the whole app instead of simply disabling the part that doesn't work until they can/decide to fix it.

MezJr

Dec 12, 2012
Visit site
There are a few people talking about WP8 on their facebook page. I'm Mezger, we should all hammer them on twitter and FB about it.

Especially since just the other day they were bragging about their app download #.

E-thug grassroots. Also email product complaints.

Ari69

Feb 22, 2013
Visit site
I work at USAA and I feel your frustrations. I've been told the same things from developers as well as business leads about WP8 app. I still keep hounding them as I see them so I hoping one day I'll hear those magic words, yes we are starting on the WP8 app. I do see why they haven't gone to the WP8 platform though. I'm able to see the data of what devices hit our website and you would be amazed how many iphones, ipads and android devices hit us per hour. Lets just say that WP devices are a literal drop in a 1 gallon bucket. Please know that they do take their membership VERY seriously and I'm confident that if the numbers start rising, the WP8 app will be in the works. Until then, I'll keep hounding them :).

Marcos Hidalgo

Dec 6, 2012
Visit site
Yep, just the other day I was on their fb page talking about. They said my message was passed along.
There are a few people talking about WP8 on their facebook page. I'm Mezger, we should all hammer them on twitter and FB about it.

Especially since just the other day they were bragging about their app download #.

E-thug grassroots. Also email product complaints.

Sent from my Windows Phone 8X by HTC using Board Express

rfh1987

Feb 27, 2013
Visit site
I just heard from USAA that they are going to be adding Deposit@Mobile to their mobile website. So, those of us with WP8 should still be able to deposit checks with our phone. I don't know when the feature is going to go live. It still isn't the same as having a mobile app (we have to use our full login), but it is better than what we currently have. :-\

contributorM

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
Man I just may use my local credit union here. They may not have an app, but at least I can literally walk into their branch to get things done. USAA is really messing up.

hopmedic

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
USAA: Rich, we do not have a Windows Phone 8 app due to the low adoption rate, as this platform currently accounts for less than 1% of the total traffic generated to our site. We're evaluating the cost and effort associated with converting the old app to Windows Phone 8, but as a member-owned association, we have a responsibility to ensure that we are being good stewards of association funds. Frankly we need to see more people using this platform before we can justify the cost. In the mean time, please keep in mind that we continue improving mobile.usaa.com, which has been redesigned to give members quick access to USAA without having to download our app. -Lindsey

Rich: This is untrue. You do not have a WP 8 app because the WP 7 app needed to be modified in a minor way to work with WP 8 and not expose the possibility of a security breach caused by deposited check images being stored on the phone and SkyDrive. So you blocked the ability to install on WP 8 devices. This I can accept. But not making minor changes to the app to make it work, when the major work is already done, there is no excuse for. As a developer with apps in the Windows Phone store, I know this is not a difficult fix. Pulling the app from the store entirely, and preventing members with WP 7 devices makes no sense as it worked just fine and if you didn't want to improve it, you didn't have to.

As for using the mobile site, no. I won't. I don't know how you think removing an app that worked just fine will help you monitor WP adoption, or how you think that since you already blocked it from WP 8 devices you were going to track adoption, since the new devices being sold are WP 8 and would therefore not use the app.... Yes, I know you can get device type from the website hit stats, but as you've seen on other posts like mine, people just aren't going to use the mobile site. Since you made it more difficult to access my financial info, and you don't have branches, the thing that makes most sense for me is to move my money out of USAA.

As for justifying the cost, you did it with the Windows Phone 7 app, and WP 8 adoption has already surpassed that of WP 7, but you can't see that since you are blocking WP 8 users from using your app. In less than four months, WP 8 adoption surpassed WP 7 adoption, but you won't see it.

Last edited:

Gregg Le Blanc

Jan 25, 2013
Visit site
I just poked them a little more yesterday and sent them the story that Microsoft was offering cash for developers to create / update apps (and also added that Chase, who has a Mobile Deposit WP8 app - offered me $350 to switch).

Here is their reply (after they said in their first reply - "use the mobile site", which has no mobile deposit capability):

Thank you for your response. The mobile.usaa.com site is currently not compatible with depositing checks, but we are diligently working on making mobile deposits available, on this site, for Windows phones.

We are aware that Microsoft is now offering money to assist developers with creating apps for the Windows Phone 8. We will keep that in mind as we decide how to proceed with the development of mobile apps.​

So, that's slightly more info. Still not budging though.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
COME ON WIN ANDROID (ADI)