Facebook for WP8 or People app?

Dadstar0410

Oct 22, 2012
Visit site
Which one do you prefer to browse Facebook on? As I'm indecisive. The Facebook app has great lockscreen functionality, but the people app already has fb built in...

dakranii

Jul 19, 2011
Visit site
I use a mixture. I use the Me tile for all of my notifications and to post a status for myself and the Group tile for my family's Facebook statuses. But I rarely use the people hub to browse the newsfeed. I usually use the Facebook app for that.

jmerrey

Dec 9, 2010
Visit site
I do the same, and I don't think it's redundant at all. It's actually quite nice to check in or post a quick update from the me tile. Plus, you can post that check in or status to multiple sites (FB, Twitter, etc) very quickly and easily. I still use the Facebook app, and whatever my twitter client of the minute is, to read timelines, etc.

Honestly, I think (hope?) that's what Microsoft had in mind with the people hub and me tile. Quick status updates, maybe reading the timeline of a pared down group of people, etc. Any power use is impossible without a dedicated app.

jcagga

Banned
Jun 4, 2011
Visit site
Which one do you prefer to browse Facebook on? As I'm indecisive. The Facebook app has great lockscreen functionality, but the people app already has fb built in...

Hahahahahaa im sorry did you just say Facebook has great lockscreen feature??? It just shows you your random picture of,your albums. I use the app for friend request or when I want to post status and tag my friends.

Dadstar0410

Oct 22, 2012
Visit site
Better than only one photo. I prefer the collage-like effect on my lockscreen. That's why I have Lock Buster as well. In general, if an app has WP8 functionality, I tend to try it out and use it for a little bit.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss