ProShot camera app.

keerot

Feb 14, 2015
Visit site
Hello, i just buy this app to my lumia 1020.
So now i ask how i can take timelapse and everytime when its take automatic picture its take in every time new autofocus?

Because i put this in my quadcopter and landscape its changing all the time so its must autofocus every picture.

mccririck

Apr 2, 2014
Visit site
Personally although I love Proshot I am using Camera 360 Sight until the Windows 10 version is released as i find the current Proshot is slow and sometimes I think I've taken a photo and it turns out I havent. Took a couple of photos of my daughter and they were not there when i checked in the evening.

greedo_greedy

Jun 11, 2013
Visit site
Hi RiseUpGames

ProShot is still my primary camera app for my Windows Phone, the flexibility is just staggering.

One suggestion, could you add a ticking sound to the timer countdown in a future update?
At least that way we would know when to be photo ready when taking a shot. Haha!

Also, apparently deleting ProShot photos through the stock photos app still isn't enabled. The photos still return after turning the device off then on. I'd have to delete it a second time for the photo to be truly deleted or delete it through the ProShot app or Files app/

RiseUpGames

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
Hello, i just buy this app to my lumia 1020.
So now i ask how i can take timelapse and everytime when its take automatic picture its take in every time new autofocus?

Because i put this in my quadcopter and landscape its changing all the time so its must autofocus every picture.

ProShot locks focus for time-lapse, but I definitely plan to expand the features in future updates :)

Personally although I love Proshot I am using Camera 360 Sight until the Windows 10 version is released as i find the current Proshot is slow and sometimes I think I've taken a photo and it turns out I havent. Took a couple of photos of my daughter and they were not there when i checked in the evening.

I'm really sorry to hear this :( Taking images with ProShot (without a filter, and not square) should process and save instantly, but when one adds filters, hi-res shots, or shoots in square aspect ratio, there is some processing overhead. My goal for the next version is to find a way to put that code into a process that can run in the background if you exit the app.

Hi RiseUpGames

ProShot is still my primary camera app for my Windows Phone, the flexibility is just staggering.

One suggestion, could you add a ticking sound to the timer countdown in a future update?
At least that way we would know when to be photo ready when taking a shot. Haha!

Also, apparently deleting ProShot photos through the stock photos app still isn't enabled. The photos still return after turning the device off then on. I'd have to delete it a second time for the photo to be truly deleted or delete it through the ProShot app or Files app/

The timer does beep :) It works like this:

1) For 1, 2 second timers, it doesn't beep
2) For any other duration, it beeps at 3, 2, and emits a higher beep a 1, just before the pic is taken

The delete bug is really strange. I've never come across it on any of my test devices, but it's for sure a bug with the older WP8 APIs that ProShot uses. Once I update it it'll be using the newer stuff that comes with W10, so those issues should be gone.

I'm sorry to everyone that v6.0 has seen so many delays, but with W10 just around the corner, I wanted to make sure it is as future-proof as possible.

arugula-375

Oct 20, 2013
Visit site
I am really enjoying the ProShot for quite a while now. It's staggering!

But one of the thing I really liked with ProShot was auto portrait (3:4) and landscape (16:10) mode. However, in this mode it is impossible to select 12 Mpix or 34 Mpix resolutions on L1020. I'm pretty sure this could be an easy fix and would really liked it if it popped up in the next version ;)

greedo_greedy

Jun 11, 2013
Visit site
Hey RiseUpGames,

I wanna know, what does the Denim update bring to you? How will you be able to utilize it as a developer for ProShot?
Especially for the high end phones.

4k recording, Rich Capture etc.

Thanks

amitnahar

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Hey RiseUpGames,

I wanna know, what does the Denim update bring to you? How will you be able to utilize it as a developer for ProShot?

Thanks

He is waiting for W10 APIs as he will revamp the app for W10. The app is in maintenance mode for now.

Austim

Oct 13, 2014
Visit site
This follows from my experiences in March last year when I was unable to make ProShot send a copy of my originals "automatically" to Saved Pictures.

At the time, we concluded that my difficulty arose due to the version of my OS (located in Australia) being one update behind the US version. Well, at last I have caught up, and today my Lumia 1020 OS was updated to Windows Phone 8.1 Update. (OS version 8.10.14226.359).

Sadly, I still cannot send an automatic copy to Saved Pictures. I have activated Save Originals in the ProShot settings, and can export manually. Is there something else that I have overlooked?

costas60

Oct 7, 2013
Visit site
Not sure what I have done
but I can not see the full screen when taking a photo
top and bottom shows settings with black bars
how can I take off

RiseUpGames

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
My apologies everyone for being M.I.A.! I went to MWC and took some time off afterwards.
TL;DR: Development on ProShot v6.0 for WP was pushed back a few months until more info on W10 was revealed. I will resume work on it very soon!

one question.will video recording option be added like the one already available with the iOS version?

Yes, in v6.0 (the next major update)

I am really enjoying the ProShot for quite a while now. It's staggering!

But one of the thing I really liked with ProShot was auto portrait (3:4) and landscape (16:10) mode. However, in this mode it is impossible to select 12 Mpix or 34 Mpix resolutions on L1020. I'm pretty sure this could be an easy fix and would really liked it if it popped up in the next version ;)

I'll look into it! My code to handle this stuff is a bit messy because of the various capabilities of all of the devices, further complicated by the RAM / performance limitations of HDR mode. It might have to wait until v6.0 or later when I rewrite everything.

Would love the Swedish language as an option, is it possible? :smile:

I definitely want to add more languages after the big rewrite with v6.0.
Side note: I'm sorry to keep saying "after v6.0" haha, but it's really important I get it right, to have a solid framework for current and all next gen devices.

Hey RiseUpGames,

Thanks

Unfortunately I don't think Denim brings anything new for developers (but I could be wrong!). Rich Capture is a software post process that Nokia implemented; I wish there were an API for it.

I think the biggest thing that Denim brought was launching the camera quickly. I now understand WP well enough to where that shouldn't be a problem with the next update of ProShot :)

This follows from my experiences in March last year when I was unable to make ProShot send a copy of my originals "automatically" to Saved Pictures.

At the time, we concluded that my difficulty arose due to the version of my OS (located in Australia) being one update behind the US version. Well, at last I have caught up, and today my Lumia 1020 OS was updated to Windows Phone 8.1 Update. (OS version 8.10.14226.359).

Sadly, I still cannot send an automatic copy to Saved Pictures. I have activated Save Originals in the ProShot settings, and can export manually. Is there something else that I have overlooked?

Currently there is no setting to send pictures to anywhere except the camera roll when the image is initially captured. I hope to offer more options on this in v6.0.

Not sure what I have done
but I can not see the full screen when taking a photo
top and bottom shows settings with black bars
how can I take off

Can you please show me a screenshot of what's going on? If all else fails, try a clean install of ProShot using the following steps:

1) uninstall ProShot
2) restart your phone (this is important)
3) reinstall ProShot

mayblast

May 10, 2014
Visit site
Why is my ProShot 600MB in size?

ProShot gets bloated a lot. Why is this and what can I do to shrink the size? What do I loose if I re-install the app?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb