ProShot camera app.

barareklam

Dec 16, 2012
Visit site
@RiseUpGames:

Thanks for this awesome app. Regarding suggestions, timer is really good to have. If you can do something about viewer it would be great too, what I mean here is to be able to see full res photo.
I can see that you are good developer and if you are reading lumia 920 forums it is like nr 1 complain, photo viewer only shows like 1280x720 photo ( downscaled) but when you zoom in, photo viewer do not show you more pixels but interpolate between these downscaled 1280x720 which makes us see our pictures as blurred.
May be it is good to create completely new photo viewer with ability to zoom in to 100% and see every pixel, and then possibily arrange photos by albums, if you can do that I am your byer nr 1, like I bought ProShot directly after I saw this thred ! And there is a lot of people beside me who wants these things, so if you can do it, i am sure it will bring you a lot of money !

RiseUpGames

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
Hi! Very happy using your app, purchased it immediately after trying it. One question, is it possible for you to add in a timer? So taking pictures with long exposure are easier too ^^

Coming in the next update, along with a few other things ;)

Hey, just saw this thread and decided to buy the app. Anyway to have the ability to delete photos in the ProShot lens? Would be nice to have the same options as in the native app, I realize I can press back to get into the native app and then from there find the photo and delete it but would be more convenient.

Great app though, better than the stock I find.

Unfortunately, I cannot implement a delete option, it's a limitation of the API. I had two approaches: 1) save all photos taken, lose the ability to delete them within app or 2) require the user to manually select which photo they want to save to their camera roll, and then save it.

I ultimately decided to go with the first option, as requiring the user to manually select which photos to save adds an extra step to the photo-taking process, and that extra step makes photography feel like a chore.
As soon as the API opens up a bit more and allows developers to delete pictures from the Camera Roll, I will add this feature!

Bought this app because I wanted to try out the manual focus. It works great. However, my 920 got extremely hot afterwards. Did anyone else experience this?

My Lumia 920 perhaps did get a little warm after extended use, but it was no more so than watching a video or playing a game.

@RiseUpGames:

Thanks for this awesome app. Regarding suggestions, timer is really good to have. If you can do something about viewer it would be great too, what I mean here is to be able to see full res photo.
I can see that you are good developer and if you are reading lumia 920 forums it is like nr 1 complain, photo viewer only shows like 1280x720 photo ( downscaled) but when you zoom in, photo viewer do not show you more pixels but interpolate between these downscaled 1280x720 which makes us see our pictures as blurred.
May be it is good to create completely new photo viewer with ability to zoom in to 100% and see every pixel, and then possibily arrange photos by albums, if you can do that I am your byer nr 1, like I bought ProShot directly after I saw this thred ! And there is a lot of people beside me who wants these things, so if you can do it, i am sure it will bring you a lot of money !

Unfortunately, I have to use smaller versions of the image for the viewer due to memory concerns.
Having a photo album arranging feature is a great idea! I looked into such a thing a bit in the past, but I don't think the functions available to developers were satisfactory enough for what I wanted to accomplish. It's possible to implement albums within the app, but I'm not sure the functions are there to integrate that into the pictures hub. Once I finish the next update (v2.3) I will look into it more.

barareklam

Dec 16, 2012
Visit site
Unfortunately, I have to use smaller versions of the image for the viewer due to memory concerns.
Having a photo album arranging feature is a great idea! I looked into such a thing a bit in the past, but I don't think the functions available to developers were satisfactory enough for what I wanted to accomplish. It's possible to implement albums within the app, but I'm not sure the functions are there to integrate that into the pictures hub. Once I finish the next update (v2.3) I will look into it more.

Can you at least look at 50% zoom in versions please, maybe it does not need that much memory but give somehow good quality. Thanks. By 50% I mean image will be like 2000x1600 or something like that depending on ratio.

rajkumr

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
@riseupgames
There seems to be a bug in the manual focus mode.

1. In any mode A,P or M switching from autofocus to manual, requires the slider to be activated to refresh focus.
For example in manual mode I set the slider to macro, then switch to autofocus and the come back to manual, the focus is blurred, we have to activate the slider to refocus.

2. In manual shooting mode, in manual focus, if the shutter speed is 1 or slower, after the shot is taken and the view finder refreshes, its goes out of focus and i have to again go into the menu and activate the slider to reset the focus.

Please correct these bugs.
A couple of suggestions.
1. Please include a reset option in the settings to reset the settings in A, P & M modes.

2. A toggle for the ISO to change it on the fly in the viewfinder. It can be automatically made to be visible when the ISO setting is not in auto.

3. A slider for the manual focus in the view finder, so that we can change it on the fly!

Thanks for the wonderful app.

Edit:
Better to make the ISO readout in the viewfinder a cycle switch to tap and change the ISO. Auto, tap, 100, tap, 200, and so on..

un hombre

Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
I got tempted and bought this app myself.
I really like the UI and the way for example Burst mode was implemented. In CameraPro burst mode is really slow because it tries to save one picture by one, which is not optimal because you may miss the moment. In ProShot all pictures are put to buffer and saved in the end.

Edit: Just noticed, that ProShot saves bursts only in 1024 x 768 which is a bit dissapointing, CameraPro may be slow but it is because it saves in the preselected resolution...

I hope you guys will implement some features that CameraPro has, like maybe time lapse (maybe with option to turn off the screen), or bracketing or even true HDR?

Cheers!

Jealy666

Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
Hello! I am the developer for ProShot. I am really happy to see everyone enjoying the app!
If anybody has any questions, please ask away! I tried addressing the most common ones here: ProShot

Jason, you only have 1/2s exposure available because that is the longest exposure your hardware supports. I think only Nokia Lumia 920 (and perhaps 820?) support 4 sec exposures, and only after the Portico update.

The fact you're involved with the community just earned yourself another customer - I was sort of on the fence about it.

Keep up the good work!

RiseUpGames

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
@riseupgames
There seems to be a bug in the manual focus mode.

1. In any mode A,P or M switching from autofocus to manual, requires the slider to be activated to refresh focus.
For example in manual mode I set the slider to macro, then switch to autofocus and the come back to manual, the focus is blurred, we have to activate the slider to refocus.

2. In manual shooting mode, in manual focus, if the shutter speed is 1 or slower, after the shot is taken and the view finder refreshes, its goes out of focus and i have to again go into the menu and activate the slider to reset the focus.

Please correct these bugs.
A couple of suggestions.
1. Please include a reset option in the settings to reset the settings in A, P & M modes.

2. A toggle for the ISO to change it on the fly in the viewfinder. It can be automatically made to be visible when the ISO setting is not in auto.

3. A slider for the manual focus in the view finder, so that we can change it on the fly!

Thanks for the wonderful app.

Edit:
Better to make the ISO readout in the viewfinder a cycle switch to tap and change the ISO. Auto, tap, 100, tap, 200, and so on..

1) You are right! Manual focus follows the slider value rather than the slider value following focus. I'll see if I can squeeze that fix into the next update.
2) Hmm, a reset option is an interesting addition. I'll see about how to integrate such an option into the UI (in a future update)
3) ISO toggle & Manual focus slider ideas: these are great ideas, but I worry about the confusion that could occur by spreading UI controls all over the interface. I would like to adhere as much as possible to the two-panel UI that ProShot currently has. There were many, many reasons behind this decision!

Love ProShot :) However, is there a quick way:
- to delete a captured photo?
- 200% zoom when manual focusing?

I haven't implemented it yet, but it is planned for the 2.3 update. Jeez, you guys are spoiling all of the surprises! :)

RiseUpGames

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
I got tempted and bought this app myself.
I really like the UI and the way for example Burst mode was implemented. In CameraPro burst mode is really slow because it tries to save one picture by one, which is not optimal because you may miss the moment. In ProShot all pictures are put to buffer and saved in the end.

Edit: Just noticed, that ProShot saves bursts only in 1024 x 768 which is a bit dissapointing, CameraPro may be slow but it is because it saves in the preselected resolution...

I hope you guys will implement some features that CameraPro has, like maybe time lapse (maybe with option to turn off the screen), or bracketing or even true HDR?

Cheers!

The current burst shot capabilities of these phones are far too slow to implement a decent HDR mode, or a full-resolution burst mode. I am waiting for an update to the API that may help with this (but have no idea when it is coming). If you notice, the results from ProShot burst mode are similar to Microsoft's Blink app, which shows you that this is the best we can do for now. If you have a high resolution phone (Lumia 920, HTC 8X), the burst mode resolutions will be 1024x768 or 1280x720 depending on the aspect ratio you have set.

And geez! Do you guys have access to my roadmap?? Timelapse is also coming haha. I was planning on announcing v2.3 features Sunday evening here.

The fact you're involved with the community just earned yourself another customer - I was sort of on the fence about it.

Keep up the good work!

Thank you! I hope you enjoy ProShot!

rajkumr

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Actually incorporating the ISO toggle in the existing ISO readout will follow the UI paradigm quite nicely, just make it like the mode button. The first time I used the app I was actually tapping the ISO and awb to change them. 😁

I agree the manual focus slider in the main view would add clutter in the view.
I have an idea for that. Bottom right corner is a dead space right now (the menu bar may grow in the future), a round button or an icon would fit there and can be used to toggle autofocus or manual focus directly. and when in manual focus, pressing and holding the button would slide out the menu bar and introduce a vertical slider to adjust focus distance. Once the finger is released everything will be back to normal and menu bar will be available again.

If you feel the menu is too important, just switch the manual focus control to the left side. Same control mechanism but with the histogram.

On the fly manual focus with zoomed in view for precision will be an excellent feature for a lot of people.

Please think about it.

deepblue82

Nov 25, 2012
Visit site

Keep up the good work!

Add me to the new customer list aswell :) just purchasing the app as I'm writing

Maybe we can get this thing to the best WP8 camera app!

As some others wrote, I'd highly appreciate a HDR feature too! There is no decent camera app that allows to capture a HDR picture (or I just don't know it...), some add some filters to it but the result isn't compareable to a "real" HDR shot... I (speaking for myself only) wouldn't mind if you need to stabilize the phone in any matter to get a good HDR shot

Huime

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
just wondering, every time I switch back from the app to default app, my ISO sets to 800, is this normal or mine a special case.

lfjj

Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
Also what are the best settings for a more regular user who ain't really "pro" about photography? Right now I use:

Ratio: Auto (4:3/16:9)
Focus: Auto
Focus Override: All the way to the left
AF Assist Lamp: Off
ISO: 100
Color cast: Auto for the most part but I switch it around
White Balance Override: 2352K
Flash: Auto
Burst Mode FPS: 5
Image Save Speed: Fastest
Display: Level
Shutter speed: 4

RiseUpGames

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
Actually incorporating the ISO toggle in the existing ISO readout will follow the UI paradigm quite nicely, just make it like the mode button. The first time I used the app I was actually tapping the ISO and awb to change them. ��

I agree the manual focus slider in the main view would add clutter in the view.
I have an idea for that. Bottom right corner is a dead space right now (the menu bar may grow in the future), a round button or an icon would fit there and can be used to toggle autofocus or manual focus directly. and when in manual focus, pressing and holding the button would slide out the menu bar and introduce a vertical slider to adjust focus distance. Once the finger is released everything will be back to normal and menu bar will be available again.

If you feel the menu is too important, just switch the manual focus control to the left side. Same control mechanism but with the histogram.

On the fly manual focus with zoomed in view for precision will be an excellent feature for a lot of people.

Please think about it.

There are still UI considerations to make, I do agree. Thank you for the suggestions!

just wondering, every time I switch back from the app to default app, my ISO sets to 800, is this normal or mine a special case.

ProShot saves your settings automatically when you exit. If you leave the app with the ISO set to 800, it will still be 800 when you return.

RiseUpGames

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
Also what are the best settings for a more regular user who ain't really "pro" about photography? Right now I use:

Ratio: Auto (4:3/16:9)
Focus: Auto
Focus Override: All the way to the left
AF Assist Lamp: Off
ISO: 100
Color cast: Auto for the most part but I switch it around
White Balance Override: 2352K
Flash: Auto
Burst Mode FPS: 5
Image Save Speed: Fastest
Display: Level
Shutter speed: 4

I think you've got the best settings as is! (for night shots, right?)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rogertewarte