ProShot camera app.

RiseUpGames

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
I wanna thank everyone again for all of your support, it's keeping me sane during this incredibly frustrating development process.

If you can, please be sure to rate ProShot on the marketplace! And spread the word! It'd be my dream if I could spend the rest of the year doing nothing but adding new features :)

solution2u

Jan 9, 2013
Visit site
I wanna thank everyone again for all of your support, it's keeping me sane during this incredibly frustrating development process.

If you can, please be sure to rate ProShot on the marketplace! And spread the word! It'd be my dream if I could spend the rest of the year doing nothing but adding new features :)
Already vote 5 stars. I like the way you keep updating ProShot to make it better. This is the best camera app on the market. Keep up the good work!

I'm sorry there is not. Microsoft does not allow developers to delete pictures once they are saved to the camera roll.
Arghh.., no choice then...

Kriminal

Dec 28, 2012
Visit site
Would this app be of much use with the 820?....it's just that reading the majority of the comments, it seems to be great for the 920.

I'm currently using the 'Trial' version to see if I can notice any difference, but as I'm unable to save the photo it's real difficult to make a comparison.

Kriminal

Dec 28, 2012
Visit site
Ok. I've taken the leap, and joined you guys with buying ProShot.

I have a quick question though - is there a way I can incorporate ProShot to be my standard choice of camera on the 820?...ie. when I press the shutter button with the phone being 'off' it will operate immediately with ProShot

Last edited:

mapleleafs89

Sep 4, 2011
Visit site

I have a quick question though - is there a way I can incorporate ProShot to be my standard choice of camera on the 820?...ie. when I press the shutter button with the phone being 'off' it will operate immediately with ProShot

No, its a limitation of the OS. The feature has been requested on Allow camera button to launch a Lens app
go vote!

rockstarzzz

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site

You can launch camera and then tap on lenses to select ProShot from there.

KorJax

Feb 17, 2013
Visit site
Wow glad I ran into this thread because this app is fantastic (only on trail atm). I love it purely because of the manual focus - I hate auto focus on phones, its so hard to get shots looking just how you want when doing macro/micro specifically.

I also like that I can set shutter speed manually... perfect for darker scenes (all it takes is one photo class to learn that Flash is the devil and to be avoided at all costs unless you just want to get a good look at some people in a really dark room :D ).

However.... this thread is really lacking some comparison/proshot pics! :p I don't know if this is something I really need (especially since I feel particularly broke after just buying my first windows phone), and I've not used the camera too much yet on my first week of ownership so I'm not totally sure if I can really get -that- much better shots. I'm pretty sure I can though, just because it'll let me play with all the settings and things. I'm just mostly surprised we have this much control over our phone cameras.

RiseUpGames

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
Wow glad I ran into this thread because this app is fantastic (only on trail atm). I love it purely because of the manual focus - I hate auto focus on phones, its so hard to get shots looking just how you want when doing macro/micro specifically.

I also like that I can set shutter speed manually... perfect for darker scenes (all it takes is one photo class to learn that Flash is the devil and to be avoided at all costs unless you just want to get a good look at some people in a really dark room :D ).

However.... this thread is really lacking some comparison/proshot pics! :p I don't know if this is something I really need (especially since I feel particularly broke after just buying my first windows phone), and I've not used the camera too much yet on my first week of ownership so I'm not totally sure if I can really get -that- much better shots. I'm pretty sure I can though, just because it'll let me play with all the settings and things. I'm just mostly surprised we have this much control over our phone cameras.

I think ProShot has a lot to offer, beyond its ease of access. It's a tool that aids users in exploring the technical aspects of photography, wrapped in an unintimidating interface. Version 2.3 will bring a self-timer function (with multi-shot), as well as an intervalometer, and we still have a huuuge list of features we will be bringing in future updates. We are very much committed to making ProShot the best photography experience possible!

Keep the trial around until you feel comfortable making the leap. For all that there is and all that is coming, I'm sure you won't regret it :)

Kriminal

Dec 28, 2012
Visit site
I think ProShot has a lot to offer, beyond its ease of access. It's a tool that aids users in exploring the technical aspects of photography, wrapped in an unintimidating interface. Version 2.3 will bring a self-timer function (with multi-shot), as well as an intervalometer, and we still have a huuuge list of features we will be bringing in future updates. We are very much committed to making ProShot the best photography experience possible!

Keep the trial around until you feel comfortable making the leap. For all that there is and all that is coming, I'm sure you won't regret it :)

Just really posting to ditto the above. I am FAAAAR from the genius photographers on here, and am simply a 'point and shoot' type person, so my main concerns were that this app may be a tad too technical for me.

I think I probably spent around a 2 minute max using the Trial version, and then just clicked on the Buy button. I've spent a good hour or so this morning messing about with the different functions to see if my li'l ole brain can maybe discover what all these 'Photography' terms mean, and I think using such a simple but effective interface on this app has proven that you can educate pork (ie. ME).

The bit that made me absolutely fall of the chair this morning was using the Burst. I haven't had the opportunity to use one of these to this extent in the past.....it's made me feel like a freakin' Paparazzi with a phone....lol

I'm sure the more I use it, the better I'll get, and just to re-ditto what somebody else with an 820 on here has put (as that's my model too)....MS has a lot to learn from this app....in fact, I don't like to use the term app for this piece of genius....it should called something more like 'what should have been there when I bought the phone, app".

Keep up the good work, RiseUpGames :wink:

pennzoilgtr

Dec 6, 2012
Visit site
Finally arrived, definitely making my night shots looks better! Still waiting for v2.3 wiith timer option. and the Lumia gonna be a beast !

WP_20130222_001 copy.jpg
WP_20130222_002 copy.jpg
WP_20130222_003.jpg

lfjj

Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
Interesting that you bought the Gorilla Pod and Mount XL. Why didn't you go for the iStabilizer Flex which has a nice tripod and the same mount?

pennzoilgtr

Dec 6, 2012
Visit site
Interesting that you bought the Gorilla Pod and Mount XL. Why didn't you go for the iStabilizer Flex which has a nice tripod and the same mount?

Oh.. amazon don't have that one with larger mount. and the shipping from wpcentral store is very costly to ship into singapore.. that's why i bought the tripod and mount separately from amazon with free shipping to a forwarder company and ship to singapore at much lower shipping rate.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rogertewarte