Will windows phone ever expand their app market?

caotainbudley

Feb 11, 2013
Visit site
I traded my iPhone 4S 16G in december for a Lumia 920 and it appears that they don't have much of an app store, i've been waiting about 3 months for Instagram and haven't even heard any news about it coming to WP. Just wondering if anyone has read any articles or anything that mentions WP expanding their app store? Otherwise i'm just going to sell my Lumia on Craigslist or Amazon and get an iPhone or decent android phone.

philpeeps

Dec 15, 2007
Visit site
I traded my iPhone 4S 16G in december for a Lumia 920 and it appears that they don't have much of an app store, i've been waiting about 3 months for Instagram and haven't even heard any news about it coming to WP. Just wondering if anyone has read any articles or anything that mentions WP expanding their app store? Otherwise i'm just going to sell my Lumia on Craigslist or Amazon and get an iPhone or decent android phone.
It's gonna be a long road for some apps, if we ever even get them all. If you are missing critical apps and can't play the waiting game, you may as well switch back to the ecosystem that has your critical apps.

spaulagain

Apr 27, 2012
Visit site
It's a sad world when a picture or social app is "critical"

Thats how I feel. Its like these people can't live without it or something. Its just a photo editing app, what's the big deal?

To me, WP offers a lot more as an actual phone and tool then as some play toy for groupies and teeny boppers.

1101x10

May 27, 2012
Visit site
If it doesn't meet your requirements sell it and buy something else. There's no point getting annoyed waiting for something that may or may not come.

tgp

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
To me, WP offers a lot more as an actual phone and tool then as some play toy for groupies and teeny boppers.

I agree with that, and you and I might use our phone as a tool rather than a toy. The majority of users, however, need something that can call & text, AND serve as "some play toy for groupies and teeny boppers." iPhone, Android, and WP can all call & text equally well; iPhone & Android serve the toy roll much better than WP. It's not important to you and me, but it is to most people. If Microsoft wants market share, they need to make the phone have the capabilities most users want, not what I think is important.

trwrt

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
"Tools not toys", isn't that the slogan that just about put Blackberry out of business and made people feel embarrassed to carry their old relic phones around? Yeah, WP should adopt that.

Blkacesvf41

Nov 22, 2012
Visit site
If it doesn't meet your requirements sell it and buy something else. There's no point getting annoyed waiting for something that may or may not come.
Or do your research before adopting a new platform. When I bought my Nexus 7, I knew the Chrome browser wasn't gonna support flash so I won't cry about it now.

wpward291

Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
My question is when will ms update the app store. Like add books and magazines and the ability to buy ringtones in the market. Also allow us to use DRM music as a dame ringtone.

rdubmu

May 25, 2011
Visit site
It is sad. To choose an OS because of one app. Lol

It isn't sad at all. We need more users to endure windows phone doesn't go anywhere. Instagram is a social network. In this day and age that might be a deal breaker. I would suggest the op find an ecosystem that better fits his/her needs

Sent from my Nokia Lumia 920 using Board Express

MDak280

Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
Thats how I feel. Its like these people can't live without it or something. Its just a photo editing app, what's the big deal?

People don't like feeling left out. Especially teenagers. If a person's friends all use Instagram, they're going to use Instagram too. And they're going to buy a phone that has Instagram.

I agree that this shouldn't keep people from switching to Windows Phone, but it is and therefor this app is required for WP to grow.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
COME ON WIN ANDROID (ADI)