Does anyone else use Mouse Remote or PC Remote?

BIGPADDY

Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
Hi all

I just wondering if anyone else uses both the apps after using both they are just the same but with a different layout.

I can see the use of this app mainly I can use my Lumia 920 as an expensive mouse. :love:

As well viewing my desktop on the Lumia screen, shutting down if theres update and I go to bed I can just shut my laptop down, view documents etc. :love:

So I really enjoy this app one of my top favorite apps which I have found. :amaze:

One improvement would be the laptop or desktop mirroring the Lumia 920 display which would make this app either cooling. :excited:

If you haven't tried it I would recommend it to anyone. :smile:

Last edited:

wpn00b

Jan 9, 2013
Visit site
Re: Does anyone else use Mouse Remote or Desktop Remote?

I didn't know about them until now. I was using another similar app but had very little luck with it. I am downloading PC Remote right now and will try the ones you mentioned as well.

BIGPADDY

Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
I didn't know about them until now. I was using another similar app but had very little luck with it. I am downloading PC Remote right now and will try the ones you mentioned as well.

Try it out I found it very useful I also got some ideas for work and home use.

wpn00b

Jan 9, 2013
Visit site
Try it out I found it very useful I also got some ideas for work and home use.
So the one I downloaded is called "PC Remote" and I don't see anything called "Desktop Remote". I installed the server and confirmed that my firewall settings allow the connection but I get an error whenever I try to connect. Can't seem to figure it out. Is there some special setting I should be aware of that might be preventing my computer and phone from communicating over the same WiFi network?

Keith Wallace

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site

I used Unified Remote myself. Just out of curiosity, is there a way to get these things to work while not at home? I use it to control my computer with VLC at night, but I wanted to access my computer while at a relative's tonight. I was hoping to just get into the File Explorer to see a list of some files I have on there, but it wouldn't connect. Is there a reason it only works on a certain network, and is there a way to get it to function no matter where you are? Or is there a different version of these apps (other than Unified Remote) that allows access from any network?

BIGPADDY

Sep 30, 2012
Visit site

I used Unified Remote myself. Just out of curiosity, is there a way to get these things to work while not at home? I use it to control my computer with VLC at night, but I wanted to access my computer while at a relative's tonight. I was hoping to just get into the File Explorer to see a list of some files I have on there, but it wouldn't connect. Is there a reason it only works on a certain network, and is there a way to get it to function no matter where you are? Or is there a different version of these apps (other than Unified Remote) that allows access from any network?

Sadly it only works when both devices are on the same network (wireless). I don't know about any other app which can connect from work to home or in different places. :unhappy:

If you find one that can be connected anywhere could you post back or pm, I will also take a look in the store.

BIGPADDY

Sep 30, 2012
Visit site

So the one I downloaded is called "PC Remote" and I don't see anything called "Desktop Remote". I installed the server and confirmed that my firewall settings allow the connection but I get an error whenever I try to connect. Can't seem to figure it out. Is there some special setting I should be aware of that might be preventing my computer and phone from communicating over the same WiFi network?

Sorry about that it called PC Remote woops :sweaty:

Adarsh Urs

Mar 24, 2014
Visit site

Hi!
Use VLC Mobile Remote to control your PC's VLC player It is easy to use and has file explorer as well. (with 4+ ratings)
WP store link VLC Mobile Remote:Video & Music | Windows Phone Apps+Games Store (United States)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99