(Official) Twitter app updated

SonOfJewel

Nov 23, 2012
Visit site
I'm loving the update, but I haven't received any live tile or toast notifications. This worries me :(

just tested
toast notification
live tile notification
push notifications
lock screen notifications

and they work for me. If changing your setting doesn't work uninstall and install again

afgzee

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
this is good news, although I don't use twitter, is this app developed by Microsoft like the Facebook app, or does twitter develop this one?

We just need a major facebook app update now!

Sep 25, 2011
Visit site
Re: New official Twitter app is here!

Well the live tile/lock screen notifications don't work. For a second I thought Twitter made a good app. The toast notifications are instant though

Sep 25, 2011
Visit site

What happens is that if you get a notification you'll see it on the toast but the live tile won't work. If you resize the live tile it will suddenly show the notification.

berty6294

Oct 5, 2012
Visit site
I typically stay away from apps and just use the People and Me hub. But this update gives me a reason! I'll be pinning this to my Start screen

theefman

Nov 14, 2008
Visit site
As were on the topic, does anyone know of a twitter client that gives notifications of new tweets as well as mentions and messages and has a live tile? Only Peregrine does that AFAIK but only shows new item counts and not the content.

Moolelo

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site

Decent update, sadly Twitter itself still does not play well with Hawaiian Regional Format, forcing me to revert to US English. Any fixes for Twitters incompatibility with different regional formats?

Gaichuke

Jun 14, 2012
Visit site
I love the new improved functionality. Has definitely enough features for a perfect mobile Twitter use.

I much say that I liked the old appearance more though. Using iconography instead of text header seems a bit off from the rest of the WP user experience. There's the added benefit of being able to use taps to get around the pivot control but I'm so accustomed using swipes to navigate the apps I doubt I will be actually using it at all.

Sep 25, 2011
Visit site
OK I've nailed down the bug. The smallest live tile causes notifications to break. In order for the tile counter to work and lock screen notifications to work, set the live tile size to medium or double wide!

This seems to have solved the problem for now.

theeboredone

Oct 7, 2012
Visit site
That's a bit lame. Small live tile is the one I prefer. Twitter isn't THAT important to double up on lol.

Edit: Tried to change notification settings so I can be notified by anyone. When I back out, it goes back to "From people you follow". Keeps giving me error in regards to having trouble completing the request.

ninjaap

Dec 10, 2008
Visit site
I can't even set my notifications, because it won't save. There's a quick error message I cant read as soon as I back out of settings.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos