BEST metro-style apps on Windows Phone

JustinSalvato

Nov 11, 2012
Visit site
I had a short discussion with TheWinPhan about how apps on Windows Phone should look. We both agree that developers should not move away from the metro/modern UI design. After all, that is what separates Windows Phone from the rest. So here's a list of 10 apps that I feel have used metro design well:

1. Amazon Kindle
  2. eBay
  3. Evernote
  4. Facebook
  5. Flixster
  6. LinkedIn
  7. Netflix
  8. PayPal
  9. Realtor.com
  10. WordPress

Honorable mentions:

1. Mehdoh
  2. Slapdash Podcasts

What are your favorite looking metro-style apps on Windows Phone?

E Lizzle

Nov 26, 2012
Visit site
The new personal assistant app Maluuba deserves special mention because, in addition to using the Metro look on WP, it uses the Metro look on Android!

TheWinPhan

Jan 18, 2013
Visit site
Awesome thread Justin! I saw some goodies up there! I hope Twitter's shift away from a modern UI is an isolated case. I fear however, that in people's clamor to have apps that are "are par" with their counterpart iPhone and Android versions, that the main point will have been missed. I believe features are what people wanted, not a change in the UI and one is not contingent upon the other. Anyhow, this thread inspired me to add to my WinPhan website, WinPhan Recommended Apps which consists of apps suggested by the WinPhan community for the Metro/Modern UI and some of my favorites too! Here are a couple of my favorites!
  1. 4th & Mayor
  2. Page Manager
  3. Pinspiration
  4. Sky Manager
  5. World Clock Pro
  6. Vimeo
  7. Lyrics
  8. Mehdoh
  9. MeTweets

TonyDedrick

Dec 8, 2011
Visit site
If an app is stable, has features on par with its counterparts on other platforms, and ultimately supported with updates , it's not that big of a deal if its metro or not. Certainly, there are some beautiful apps in the metro UI (USA Today comes to mind). But just give me a working app with all the features and I'm good.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vascro