Nationwide Building Society App for Windows Phone (UK) - Show your support!

rogerandersonuk

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site
FFS......response from Nationwide has now been posted.......no plans to support.

Ah well, keep clicking the "me too" button and hopefully they will be convinced of the demand.

mrmassey66

Jun 18, 2013
Visit site
Done it too, was looking to see if any app was going to be forth coming and found this thread. Hope they get onto it sooner rather than later, but at least it's a lot easier and quicker to get on to main website than it was with Android!

AndyGriff

Mar 26, 2013
Visit site
Obviously they're not considering it seriously yet, not even with nearly 5,000 votes on the above page. Here's what I received earlier after another nudge in their direction:

-----
Thank you for your message.
I am sorry to confirm we don't currently offer the mobile app for Windows Phones.

Nationwide have chosen to develop the app for iPhones and Android handsets as these have the highest volume of users and we want to ensure best value for our members. Too few people download apps for Blackberry and Windows 7 & 8 phones to make it worthwhile creating versions for these platforms at the moment.

Sorry for any inconvenience this may caused.
I would like to thank you for contacting us. If you need anything else please reply to this message.
-----

It's pretty much a standard reply as I'm sure I've seen other people post the same (it even brackets Blackberry and WP7 and 8 in the response). In fact, the similar one I sent last December received a more optimistic reply. I'm tempted to close my accounts with them and take my business elsewhere.

Tom87

Jul 21, 2014
Visit site
I'm a Nationwide customer and have just got my first Windows phone (Lumia 930) so obviously I'm on board to get this sorted. I've "agreed" on the link, sent an email and tweets to Nationwide and have spoken to my local branch manager who has agreed to look into this.

Lets get this done :)

Tom87

Jul 21, 2014
Visit site
Nationwide have updated their response on their website with the following, which sounds a lot more promising:

"23 July 2014: Thank you for the suggestion and the continued interest shown for it. We understand Windows users are keen to have the functionality already offered in our app for IOS and Android. We're looking closely into this and hope to be able to provide a Windows app in the future."

macchap

Jan 18, 2014
Visit site
Another half a year rolls on and still no closer to getting an app... very frustrating, this is the main app I really am missing from the OS, would be great to finally have banking parity with iOS / Android.

Now over 26,000 votes in favour!

vilmusius

May 17, 2014
Visit site
The same here...That's the only app I am missing. Nationwide was one of the last ones to release ios and android apps though so don't expect windows app soon.

Lee Power

Aug 8, 2014
Visit site
Hit them in there pocket, if your in the position to be able to move accounts take your money to another bank that does support Windows Phone.

eusty

Jun 1, 2014
Visit site
But other than lack of app, I really like nationwide

Ditto. I didn't realise how much I missed the app until I got an Android tablet.

The other handy missing app is the British Gas one. Hopefully they will both make an appearance....

Just voted, nearly 27k votes!

Posted via the Windows Central App for Android

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BevitalGluco2