Stephen Elop : A better Facebook Windows Phone app "is being worked on"

Jaybotics

Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
While the number of apps available for Windows
Phone
devices continues to grow, there are still some gaps in its library compared to competing app stores. Many other Windows Phone apps are still considered not to be up to par with their iOS and Android counterparts. One of them is the official Facebook Windows Phone app, which is actually developed by Microsoft.The last such update of the Facebook Windows Phone app was made in December, and while the current version is an improvement compared to earlier builds, there is still a consensus that the Windows Phone version could be a lot better.
One Windows Phone owner, known as Ammar, posted word on the Maati.TV web site that he decided to take his complaints about the Facebook app to an interesting source. He emailed Nokia
CEO
Stephen Elop directly. Certainly Nokia and Elop would have at least some information about any plans to improve the Facebook Windows Phone app.
Elop's brief response was, "Thanks - this is definitely being worked on." That short but sweet note would indicated that Nokia and
Microsoft
are certainly aware of the Facebook app's shortcomings and are planning to do something about it. Exactly what will be improved is something we don't have any information on, at least not yet.

Source: WMPoweruser

Ahh, this is exciting news!! I wonder if Nokia is helping develop it?!

WorzelGummage

Dec 30, 2012
Visit site
The Windows Phone store is already awash with Facebook apps so adding another to the mix seems a bit pointless to me. I just use the in-built Me and People apps for Facebooking.

Sep 25, 2011
Visit site
The Windows Phone store is already awash with Facebook apps so adding another to the mix seems a bit pointless to me. I just use the in-built Me and People apps for Facebooking.
Except for the one developed by Microsoft, all others are wrappers around the mobile site. Some developers even have the gall to charge for this **** and people keep buying it. Delete the garbage and make one, proper Facebook app.

Keith Wallace

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
I must say, reading this makes me feel even worse for Elop. His company's basically the one doing everything right, and he's getting the complaints about Microsoft's problematic app? Seriously, it might just be better for both companies to have Microsoft buy Nokia, then make Elop the head of the Windows Phone division, if this is how people are going to approach problems.

WorzelGummage

Dec 30, 2012
Visit site
I must say, reading this makes me feel even worse for Elop. His company's basically the one doing everything right, and he's getting the complaints about Microsoft's problematic app? Seriously, it might just be better for both companies to have Microsoft buy Nokia, then make Elop the head of the Windows Phone division, if this is how people are going to approach problems.

I know exactly what you mean. I'm sick and tired of the amount of people who take to the Nokia Support discussions web site to complain about MS software. And I always smile to my self when people go on about getting a response from Elop after they have emailed him with a complaint. I can pretty much guarantee that someone else working in Elop's office is the one responding to emails.

You've probably said something that I reckon will happen sometime in the future. MS will swallow Nokia and Elop will take over.

eric12341

Dec 1, 2009
Visit site
This is good news even though the people hub, me tile and the current Facebook app meet my needs.

Microsoft didn't develop the current Facebook app, they only published it.

AngryNil

Mar 3, 2012
Visit site
Some developers even have the gall to charge for this **** and people keep buying it. Delete the garbage and make one, proper Facebook app.
I don't use Facebook nearly enough to care for much more out of the official app and typically disagree with you vehemently, but you're spot on here.

Tomanband

Mar 8, 2013
Visit site

havox22

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site
The FB built into the OS is good enough for me for the most part, but the only thing I can't do is confirm/add things to my timeline that I am tagged in. I cant do it on the FB App either....I have to go to touch.facebook.com

Boris Gong

Jan 7, 2013
Visit site
Nobody mentioned Facebook Pro? Thought everyone love it.

What feature will this new app make you think it's "better" than Facebook Pro?

Al_2

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
I would say of all facebook apps available in the store The facebook is the best imo..

I like The Facebook too. It is mostly a wrapper round the touch website, but it does have some WP design in there for viewing photos, status updates, checking in etc.

And the best part, it actually has working notifications. Granted it's just for notifications (not messages) and it's just a tile count, but at least it works!!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rogertewarte