[Official] Skype on WP Thread

hamzie11

Dec 19, 2012
Visit site
Re: Skype Update! 3/19/13

In principle, you're right. I think there's something wrong with my phone. Be that as it were, I'll admit i should probably be happy they've made some significant improvements, instead of getting hung up on the one issue that I continue to have issues with.

its your phone
so why are you blaming skype or microsoft

perspicatio

Feb 18, 2013
Visit site

Some features have been addressed, but Microsoft are being puzzlingly pedestrian about it. After spending 8.5 Billion on Skype you'd think they would put a bit more effort into making it the chat/voice app of choice in WP.

rdubmu

May 25, 2011
Visit site

Still need to have Skype built into the OS. The people hub is a nice start
Sent from my Nokia Lumia 920 using Board Express

ncxcstud

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site
Re: Skype for WP8 updated. (3/19)

I had one of those nights where I don't know if the new Skype killed my battery or if my phone didn't sit just right on my wireless charger... hmm... I think it is a case of the latter and not the former...

realwarder

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site

Note that if it still doesn't give you notifications, then uninstall and when you then run it for the first time, make sure you keep it open for several minutes before changing apps.

From the Skype support boards the app has to register itself for notifications and this can sometimes take a while to work.

Personally I think this is pretty crappy given that it just works on things like iOS, but it helped fix notifications on my phone.

squire777

Feb 21, 2012
Visit site

Skype for WP8 gets updated with new features. Pure silence.

Skype gets a beta on another platform. E-RAGE!!!!!

I was going to say the same thing. Of course instead of being excited some of the doom and gloom patrol are making up new reasons why the app is bad in their eyes.

mrmprince

Feb 3, 2012
Visit site

is anyone having an issue w/ Skype after the update? Whenever I go back into the app, it asks me to sign-in again..and when I do..i don't really see the People Hub Integration..

theefman

Nov 14, 2008
Visit site

Is anyone actually showing as online to their contacts? I tested with a friend and he said I appeard offline but messages still came through.

Kavu2

Dec 21, 2012
Visit site

Yep, log out possible, still no background functionality..... Sad, Microsoft....

8X here....Skype *is* listed in Background tasks, 'advanced' section ie "These apps can run in the background, and you may not be able to block all of them". Likely a good thing to keep everything in sync..eg notifications etc.

dkp23

Feb 3, 2012
Visit site

Probably still sucks, glad they put back people hub integration.

How are the notifications coming? or not coming?

nessinhaw

Mar 16, 2013
Visit site

i have a Lumia 620 and Skype is listed on "background" when i long press the back button...and i do receive notifications...so i really don't see what's the problem some pplz are having here .-.
same thing with WhatsApp...many complaints but it works perfectly fine for me .-.

edit: stupid question, but it matters - when u guys leave Skype, you click the back button or windows button?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb