Reviving the password app question

Zahid

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
I'm brand new to the Windows Phone world, having just switched to an HTC 8X from my beloved, but increasingly unsupported, HP Pre 3. Moment of silence, please.

Anyway, I'm really happy with my 8X so far (about 5 days in). I'm finding tons of apps that I want, but the one I'm having a hard time tracking down is a good password vault app. I know there are several, but I don't know of any that meets my particular requirements, which I don't think are too unreasonable:
  • Desktop Windows version with sync (preferably two-way) to the Windows Phone device
  • Sync over local wi-fi preferably, or worst case by USB tether -- not via Skydrive or Dropbox or even point-to-point internet connection
  • Customizable field names
  • Ability to copy password values to the clipboard so I can paste them in my browser
  • App security -- master password and idle timeout
  • Ability to import from CSV file
  • Costs less than $15

Does anyone know of a tool that meets these criteria? Even lowly WebOS had something that fit the bill, so I'm assuming WinPhone does as well. Thanks in advance!

falconrap

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
I had Keyring on my Pre+ and Pre2. I'm using Sky Wallet on my Lumia 822. It provides a desktop client so you can edit and view your passwords from your desktop as well as your phone. As mentioned above it fits the bill for everything you noted, but syncs to an encrypted file on Sky Drive. So if you can get over that hurdle, it would be highly recommended.

Zahid

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for the answers -- I've bought and installed Sky Wallet and, so far, it does everything I need. I'm not over my fear of the cloud (nephophobia?) but at least being on Skydrive instead of someone else's server is a little less scary. I appreciate the help!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BevitalGlucoPremium