Facebook App & Other Apps very disapointing

lucy shah

Mar 28, 2013
Visit site
I got a nice and shiny new Nokia Lumia 820 in red last week and was really excited, couldn't wait to explore it. now today I am very disappointed.

The Facebook app is really bad compared to my iphone. I rarely get notifications and I've noticed they have come in a few days late I ant attach my videos to my friends and I cannot share any posts, and I cant search my friends or add anyone, I also could not post a message to this group im part of which is complete rubbish.

this is what I have found out so far about this app, does anyone know if an update is coming out any time soon or maybe im looking for these features in the wrong place? I also miss the call feature from my iphine but it doesn't bother me too much as I know this is a new feature and not a basic one was is the facebook app so bad?

I have also noticed I cannot send music in whatsapp which I do a lot, there is no viber calls and there is no tango calls, there is no instagram?

more than anything facebook is the most disappointing as I use it the most like 24 hours! :crying:

ttsoldier

Retired Ambassador
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Everyone is aware that the Facebook app sucks. No one knows when Microsoft will update it. It should come soon.

There are some alternatives in the store.

Viber is coming soon.. No. There Is no instagram (yet?)

No offence, but you should do some research before you purchase a phone

lucy shah

Mar 28, 2013
Visit site
Everyone is aware that the Facebook app sucks. No one knows when Microsoft will update it. It should come soon.

There are some alternatives in the store.

Viber is coming soon.. No. There Is no instagram (yet?)

No offence, but you should do some research before you purchase a phone

No offence taken. Well to be honest I don't mind no viber as I can use Skype and that's also a bit shocking too, I don't mind instagram and sending mp3 can be done elsewhere. and I checked about tango and it said windows phone but appears not for version 8.0, but even if I did research no one will expect the most popular app to be this shockingly bad, even if you did research you would not expect what you got!

lucy shah

Mar 28, 2013
Visit site
oh and I also checked about alternatives they are full of adverts and notifications do not work on them at all

we should not have to use 3rd party alternatives there should be an option available to all customers

Huime

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
For example tango is non existence in my social circle, I never heard of it until someone here complained. FB notification is integrated into people hubs anyways. Although the hub is indeed a rather poor way to browse social media, but never missed a notification from FB other than the buggy FB chat which is indeed a disappointment as one of the key function backed into WP8. However Skype is the only let down I would consider.

admorris#AC

Apr 22, 2012
Visit site
For example tango is non existence in my social circle, I never heard of it until someone here complained. FB notification is integrated into people hubs anyways. Although the hub is indeed a rather poor way to browse social media, but never missed a notification from FB other than the buggy FB chat which is indeed a disappointment as one of the key function backed into WP8. However Skype is the only let down I would consider.

I think the hub is perfectly fine for browsing Facebook...and Me hub is fine for posting updates and looking at notifications. Ice never understood people having issues with either.

Sent from my LG-E970 using Tapatalk 2

afgzee

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
Everyone knows about the major problems with Facebook app and Facebook chat on Windows Phone, but trying to get Microsoft or Facebook to do anything about it is another story and it's eally starting to get on my nerve.

I thought upgrading to WP8 from 7 would bring big improvements to everything, guess I was wrong. WP9 will not be for me if they keep up at this pace.

admorris#AC

Apr 22, 2012
Visit site
Everyone knows about the major problems with Facebook app and Facebook chat on Windows Phone, but trying to get Microsoft or Facebook to do anything about it is another story and it's eally starting to get on my nerve.

I thought upgrading to WP8 from 7 would bring big improvements to everything, guess I was wrong. WP9 will not be for me if they keep up at this pace.

What are the 'major problems' that everyone knows about?

Sent from my LG-E970 using Tapatalk 2

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos