News Reader/aggregator apps

Jochem Toolenaar

Apr 9, 2013
Visit site
Hi all,

Since apps like Pulse & Flipboard are missing on the Windows Phone platform. What news reader / aggregator apps are you using ?

And what kind of functionality are you currently missing, when using those apps ?

nessinhaw

Mar 16, 2013
Visit site
i'm using Weave and WPCentral! Both are excellent apps!

Weave News Reader is rly good, it has this awesome metro feeling and i think the only functionality i miss is night mode! Other than that, i love this app xD

BenTR

Feb 14, 2013
Visit site
I have Weave, Fuse, and Collector. I like them all. They all make sharing via email or social networks easy.

Weave has a very nice main pivot that gives easy access to your top four categories, eight top headlines, and the full list of categories you use. And it has a nice live tile with images from your feeds.

Fuse has three interesting themes that are graphically pretty nice. It has a nice collection of science feeds built in so you don't need to search all over. Several science and humanities fields are covered well. The main missing feature here is a front page (at least, I never found one).

Then Collector is very beautiful. It can display news feeds and fb and twitter feeds. Right now it is slowest to refresh content. The updates are coming fast, though (it is fairly new). Look them up to see what is coming.

I don't know which is best. I use them all daily.

Jochem Toolenaar

Apr 9, 2013
Visit site
I tried, Fuse and Collector. I like Fuse but its almost a 1 to 1 copy of the interface from Pulse, but still works nicely. Collector however is bugged on my device I only see 1 article repeated over and over, when I refresh this 1 article gets replaced by 1 other article, but it never shows me a list.

blnwp

Sep 27, 2011
Visit site
Lot of news readers are available in WP. Listed few in order of my preference.

Weave, News 360, Collector, Zite, Pulse(with Web Apps), News Republic, Fuse.

If RSS readers are okay please include the below items to the front of the above list.

Nextgen Reader, NewsSpot

watersprite10

Apr 11, 2013
Visit site
I have just found Earl and I love it!! It is free and has voice commands. I also enjoy the fact that it has tons of other content from magazines and websites.

aaa6112

Dec 6, 2012
Visit site
The one drawback I noticed in Weave is that when you're done reading one article, you cannot swipe to the next. You always have to back out and select the next article. Not sure if recent updates added this feature. Not having this capability is a deal breaker for me, since I love this feature in apps like Nextgen Reader and USA Today.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rorymi6