Need clarification on Instagraph servers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Garghas

Dec 28, 2012
Visit site
Does anyone know if they are using an Android running machine (emulating) to connect to instagram servers?
I've been thinking about it and the only way for them to achieve uploads was to have android (or ios for that matter but I dont think it runs on x86), and then run the instagram official app with our credentials to upload, and repeat for every user and upload.

But if so, we are all going to be seen by the Instagram team as Android users, therefore diminishing our chances to ever receive the official app.
Not to mention the risk, if their servers are hacked, since they are a relatively new team, everyone looses their info.

Both this issues should be clarified. I for one find it very strange that they won't reveal how they got their connection to upload...

We will all be paying 2,49 to harm windows phone as a platform in my opinion...

Pelle Lbergh

Mar 28, 2013
Visit site
Uploads from wp8 devices today: 0, uploads from wp8 devices: 0 after instagraph is released. Won't make a difference. And as far as passwords there's really no difference to registering with any service, you leave your pw and username everytime u register.

Garghas

Dec 28, 2012
Visit site
They should be able to tell through the IP connection. Doesn't matter. Someone close this.

Yes, It does matter. Do you have any personal interest in this issue to want it closed so bad?

I think the answer to my question is obvious and its important that everyone knows how this really works

jhguth

Sep 26, 2012
Visit site
you find it weird they don't want to reveal the exact details of how they did it? why is that weird? it's in their interest to 1) not help competitors do it and 2) not help instagram block it (and in general to stay below isntagram's radar)

it's not weird, it makes sense

(and no, they would not be reported as WP8 users, although instagram could figure it out pretty easily if they cared)

Garghas

Dec 28, 2012
Visit site
you find it weird they don't want to reveal the exact details of how they did it? why is that weird? it's in their interest to 1) not help competitors do it and 2) not help instagram block it (and in general to stay below isntagram's radar)

it's not weird, it makes sense

(and no, they would not be reported as WP8 users, although instagram could figure it out pretty easily if they cared)

Yes that much I figured out. But honestly, im not in the mood to help even more the android community.
Probably some time from now they will be bragging that they have X% more instagram users than iphone, and we will be many of them...
WP8 needs a boost, not to boost other platforms morale

ChMar

Mar 15, 2013
Visit site
Instagram will know even if it will appear for them to be sent from android devices. When you upload a photo to instagram you also upload your gps position with it so if they really want to know who is instagraph they have the ip and the gps coordinate to do that(correlated with multiple users uploading using a combination of the same ip / gps position).

They won't tell exactly how it is done so no one steal their idea.

As for password security(considering someone hack them) I'm sure they keep the passwords encrypted so I would not worry about that.

Instagram is a business like any other business so instagraph can't harm the platform. If they will find value in the platform they will make a version.

But I'm sure they found a way to make money already from the wp platform.
I can imagine how MS went to them and tried to buy their support. They ran instantly to apple and google and requested 125% that amount to not make a wp version. So you can make money from nothing if you are a top dog :)

Garghas

Dec 28, 2012
Visit site
Well, obviously, as I predicted, major flaws in privacy. Some peoples photos are being uploaded into other peoples accounts, etc. Probably missing data along the way.
If it was Free... As a paid app they can surelly be called to answer legally.
Let's see how it goes

jhguth

Sep 26, 2012
Visit site
and we will be many of them...
spoiler alert... no we wont.

there are 90 million instagram users, there are maybe 5 million windows phone users (?). it's going to be a long time before windows phone users are "many" of the instagram users

Garghas

Dec 28, 2012
Visit site
spoiler alert... no we wont.

there are 90 million instagram users, there are maybe 5 million windows phone users (?). it's going to be a long time before windows phone users are "many" of the instagram users

Dude, go check if you dont have someone elses picture on your account.
Major fail, i sense several bigger problema incoming. Thats the price of beta testing with paying customers.

Etios

Feb 10, 2013
Visit site
Does anyone know if they are using an Android running machine (emulating) to connect to instagram servers?
I've been thinking about it and the only way for them to achieve uploads was to have android (or ios for that matter but I dont think it runs on x86), and then run the instagram official app with our credentials to upload, and repeat for every user and upload.

But if so, we are all going to be seen by the Instagram team as Android users, therefore diminishing our chances to ever receive the official app.
Not to mention the risk, if their servers are hacked, since they are a relatively new team, everyone looses their info.

Both this issues should be clarified. I for one find it very strange that they won't reveal how they got their connection to upload...

We will all be paying 2,49 to harm windows phone as a platform in my opinion...

Why are you spreading this Android FUD everywhere, here in forums and articles comment section too, They are using Microsoft Azure servers, NO android emulation, just spend 2 mins to read the article by Daniel and stop spreading FUD:Instagram sharing app Instagraph gets priced, available later today for Windows Phone 8 | Windows Phone Central

khunhorm

Sep 17, 2012
Visit site
No you are not an ***. But please try to understand 2 things at once.

1. The developer said that they did not spoof, did not emulate and did not do many things an average user such as myself can think of to upload to instagram. But you can choose not to believe it.
2. I think they will conveniently not telling us how they did it without spoofing.

rockstarzzz

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site
We do not like FUDs at WPCentral. Please refrain from posting anything against anyone unless it is a fact from a source or links. I just saved a cat.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes