2 apps that are going to be a flop

hamzie11

Dec 19, 2012
Visit site
Anyone else get the feeling that unification, and instagraph are going to fail badly?

I know both apps are new, but i dont see why big app names such as viber and whatsapp would support unification - but would rather hold out for microsoft releasing its own notification centre

and instagraph.. well..an app charging for a service that is meant to be free.. instagram will def. act on it.. besides the app has been released.. try it.. need I say more

Garghas

Dec 28, 2012
Visit site
How Nice. Some hours ago i was almost insulted for telling ppl Instagraph was a fail. Judging by the method they use to upload.
Suddenly now everyone agrees.... Unfortunately the guys already filled their pockets with lotsa 2,49's

Pelle Lbergh

Mar 28, 2013
Visit site
How Nice. Some hours ago i was almost insulted for telling ppl Instagraph was a fail. Judging by the method they use to upload.
Suddenly now everyone agrees.... Unfortunately the guys already filled their pockets with lotsa 2,49's

No, you were not saying Instagraph was going to fail. You said Instagram would see a surge in Android users and therefore not publish their own WP app because they wouldn't see that all these new users were WP users... ^^ Your logic fails.

Garghas

Dec 28, 2012
Visit site
No, you were not saying Instagraph was going to fail. You said Instagram would see a surge in Android users and therefore not publish their own WP app because they wouldn't see that all these new users were WP users... ^^ Your logic fails.

Dude I was criticizing the fact that they use probably an android app on their server to upload photos. Obviously it doesnt have the capacity to cope with the thousands of uploads almost simultaniously. But I admit, never did I thought in such a security breach, i mean, sent one person photos to another random account? In a paid app that can be target of a lawsuit in a heartbeat and you know it.
Still, the main cause of all the fails IS the method they are using to upload

nessinhaw

Mar 16, 2013
Visit site
i like Unification idea but it's useless to me so far...i downloaded it just to check upcoming apps, WPCentral and Pinsation (i use both) are still waiting for certification :/

James8561

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
Me. both apps, while novel in idea, are hard to execute and will most likely fail eventually. it's the same problem with unofficial apps :\

charming_arpit

Apr 20, 2012
Visit site
I don't use instagram therefore its existence or non existence on WP has never bothered me much. However, with unification I was expecting a lot more. I installed it with a feeling that it would unify all my notifications such as SMS, missed calls etc in one place. I also see notification center access should be possible through a swipe gesture irrespective of the app i am currently running. But in both of these places Unification fails. I personally think that only a native notification center provided with OS level integration can be success and useless apps like Unification come and go with no major impact on the overall OS. Unification is of no use for me.

kittshelby

Dec 29, 2011
Visit site
Yea I agree. I downloaded Unifiation simply to support them, but I feel bad for them cause I don't see this succeeding; especially since Microsoft admitted that they ran out of time for a notification centre i.e., they're going to make a notification centre sooner or later. And even until then, Unification is not very useful simply because it doesn't support the native app notifications, which I think are the most important ones. I really hope the developers of Unification weren't expecting it to be a huge success but rather, simply to put pressure on Microsoft to hurry up and make a notification centre. Hopefully, that's what they were planning to achieve.

With Instagraph, they might have a bit more luck. They'll probably make a bit of money but the app really isn't that usable. But since no one knows whether Instagram will ever make an app for Windows Phone, they will continue to make some money.

jmerrey

Dec 9, 2010
Visit site
At the moment Unification is just a novelty for me. Maybe it will pick up steam. I certainly appreciate the effort of the dev. However, without widespread app support (which I understand takes time) and native app support (email, messaging, etc), it's useless for me. As I said though, I really appreciate the effort of the dev, and if they charged for the app I'd probably buy it just to support them.

hamzie11

Dec 19, 2012
Visit site
Yep take nothing away from the devs

Hard workers with great apps

sadly i think their efforts couldve gone into other apps

jhguth

Sep 26, 2012
Visit site
Unification was a bad concept from the beginning because it requires other developers to add items to work with Unification, you really need OS level integration for notifications

Squatting Hen

Apr 15, 2012
Visit site
Both can and maybe great apps, but I feel it is just a way to make a quick buck or two before official apps are released. Not trying to bash making money, or the developers, and I have no idea if Microsoft is going to offer a notification option or if Instagram will release an official app, but it would surprise me if neither came through.

Neither of these are something I want bad enough to purchase though, but even if I did, I wouldn’t.

m4tthall

Dec 31, 2011
Visit site
Sheesh, we have active developers trying to put together features missing officially and you get a load of people moaning about it. I am glad we have these guys trying to improve things and use innovative means to do so.

Duvi

Jan 1, 2011
Visit site
No one else is doing it! You either download it or don't. You support it or you don't. Simple.

I downloaded both because, there is nothing else at the moment aside from those two in what they bring to the table. I hate having to save to SkyDrive, then loading up my iPhone or z10 or Android device to then post a pic to iG from my Lumia. I happily paid the $2.49, even if the free iG app is on its way to WP.

anon(5503495)

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site
Is there a reason I have two unification apps by the same developer? Its weird that the new version didn't say update in the app store, instead it said install.

nessinhaw

Mar 16, 2013
Visit site
I downloaded it when it came out, the day they released it, I have a pic of the 2 apps right next to each other as a live tile.

thats because they "relaunched" the app with a few changes (requested by MS)...WPCentral posted about it a few days ago, they advice you to delete the old one and download the relaunched version :)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
quicktravo