Need your help finding an App

Gergolos

Apr 2, 2012
Visit site
Hey hey,

I need your help :)

Is there an App (for WP7.8) you know, which could help me with this:

What do I need?
I need some kind of an "Random facts/notes" or "Flashcards/Flipcards" App which can show me short notes I wrote on the live tile. The notes should be shuffled and I should have the possibility to import/export them from/to my computer (SkyDrive?).

Why do I need an App like that?
I am working on a project for which I need some kind of "constant inspiration". By "inspiration" I mean short notes and ideas I wrote/collected myself. Those deal with different subjects (like nature, science, robotics etc.). Example: "Gouldian Finch hatchling's mouth can glow in the dark to help guide the mother to it, when it's feeding time at night" or "When in colonies, the snapping shrimp can interfere with sonar and underwater communication.". The idea is: I have to interpret real world/nature facts like these with my own design solutions (I am a designer and this project is more or less conceptual design for creatures and props). I own a huge library full with facts like that, which I created and organized for my own use. So I would love my Windows Phone to show me these facts on the start-screen. This way I can be constantly reminded of all the stuff I collected.

Must Haves:
-I need to create my own notes and don't need any Flipcards-library or something like that
-It must have an import/export option because of my library

Nice-To-Haves:
-Live Tiles! It should show me random facts from my collection and change the tile every hour or so...
-Random option!

I hope I could explain what I need haha :)

Would be awesome if you could help me. I already found some flipcard apps but none of them have an import or export option and are just made for vocabulary training or stuff like that (so two sided cards with a few words on each side).

Thanks in advance!

Gergolos

Apr 2, 2012
Visit site
Hey HeyCori,

I am currently using OneNote and really love it. The Problem is: as far as I know there is no option for letting OneNote show you single notes by random order. It is just a basig text editing program, where I have to scroll down every time I want to read something new.

Or did I miss an option? (would be really awesome :D )

And the other thing is: in my opinion, the office apps really dont have well desined tiles... And of course: no live tiles (for showing notes on the tiles for example)

HeyCori

Mod Emeritus
Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
I've never seen a way to organize notes by random order. However, you can pin notes to your start screen for easy access.

Gergolos

Apr 2, 2012
Visit site
I've never seen a way to organize notes by random order. However, you can pin notes to your start screen for easy access.

yeah that's the problem :) For basic "note-taking-tasks" OneNote really rocks but I guess there is no solution for my problem yet...

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon